1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rend Lake Reg. Shoot this weekend

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by John Upcraft, Jun 20, 2013.

1. John Upcraft

John Upcraft TS Member

There is a registered shoot Saturday and Sunday at Rend Lake Shooting Complex and the weather forcast is great.

Saturday is an open shoot for targets only. A doubles marathon is planned with a few people interested in 1000 doubles. There will probably be 2-500 bird doubles events for those interested in 500 and not 1000.

Sunday is a trophy day starting with 100 Doubles at 9:00 AM, 100 Singles around 10:00 AM, and 100 Handicap after singles. All trophy winners qualify to shoot for the envelope of CASH.

9 fields will be utilized with wireless voice systems, Pat Traps (recently overhauled) throwing White Flyer.

As always, a free lunch is provided to all shooters on Sunday.

2. John Upcraft

John Upcraft TS Member

For those of you interested in the outcome of 1000 bird marathon shot today. LD Pickens shot 1000 doubles at or above his average in a little over 4 hours. When he was leaving he stated that he can do it in under 4 hours next time. So, we will do the marathon again in July so LD can beat his time.

Tomorrow is the trophy shoot starting with Doubles at 9:00 AM. Remember, we have 9 fields for Sunday to make the shoot go quickly. The bottled water on the line is cold and we have plenty. Don't forget the free lunch.
    John Upcraft

3. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

It was a great time both yesterday and today! Thanks!!

4. John Upcraft

John Upcraft TS Member

Thanks for shooting both days!
    Your support is greatly appreciated.
    There were some good scores today. I am glad we did not break for lunch as it was raining on my way home at 2:00
    John Upcraft

5. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey guys:

I will have the results posted this afternoon, and the option money sent tomorrow. I forgot to bring the results home with me yesterday but will be out later today to get them.

As John said, BIG congrats to L.D. Pickens for shooting 1000 doubles! He broke his own Rend Lake Shooting Complex record for most targets shot in a day.

See everyone in July...

Larry C