1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rend Lake 2 Thumbs up

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Another great shoot today put on at Rend Lake Shooting Complex in Southern Illinois. Since Larry and John have taken over the club, they have put in countless hours and money shaping it into a great place to shoot Trap. The place looks great, the equipment worked flawlessly and the shoot ran smooth as silk. You can tell by the way they walk the line during the shoot that they want it to be high on your list of places to shoot. Complimentary ice cold bottled waters at every trap and Italian Beef for dinner made the day complete.

After all shoot offs are settled, every shooter who won a trophy is eligible for the "Dual at Dusk". This is where all shooters who won a trophy are lined up shoulder to shoulder at the 30 yd line for a miss an out shoot off against targets thrown from their Wobble Trap. The winner takes home the cash. I'm told they have had some dandy cash prizes. Makes for a great end to the day. Even better the whole shoot with the shoot offs and "Dual at Dusk" were done by 2:00pm.

Larry and John on their horns for the National Anthem. A great start to the day.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6bIUrv3AUSo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry about the small video, it was taken on my phone.

Matt

2. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

I agree. A great day to shoot at a great place to shoot!! Thanks Larry and John!!

3. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Thanx Matt for coming and taking home most of the trophies today...haha You certainly shot well my friend.

See the above link for the results from today. John and I would like to thank everyone who came out to brave the heat and shoot not only today, but yesterday as well. There were a bunch of really great scores today and a lot of birds were shot down.

The Ironman award this month goes to Chip VanderVeen who shot 700 targets on Saturday and all 300 today. 1000 targets in two days in 90 degree heat! I knew there were some crazies around but didn't know we had to bring them down from the Chicago area to see it. I say crazies as his wife Karen VanderVeen shot 700 in two days. Way to go guys!

See everyone in June!

Larry C

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Matt,(grntitan) I thought you were a farmer. Am I wrong? How in the heck can you take off a day in May to shoot? LOL

I spent part of the day replacing a hydro hose on the farmers planter, who tills/rents my little acreage. First year in 5 or 6 where it is going be corn instead of beans.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bisi,

On the 7th Day The Lord shot Trap. :)

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

So Matt, you're saying it was too wet to get into the fields today? LOL That rain that was suppose to make it to Indiana Friday never did, it must of stayed over in the Land of Lincoln.

7. grousser1

grousser1 TS Member

matt thank you for posting this video. for those who did not see this it was really much better in person. I was shocked to see larry and john playing this. as if these guys did not have enough going on at their shoot they also play the national anthem on their trumpets! to me it sounded like professionals and I have not seen a live version of the national anthem at any shoot I have been to (although we have not been to very many). like matt said the shoot was fantastic too many great things to list but i sure saw a lot of people laughing and having a good time. larry was in the back of the clubhouse when i came walking up this afternoon and he took the time to show me a new trap machine they just bought yesterday. guess they are expanding the trap line more. thank you again mike the grousser

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good job Matt!! Congratulations my friend!

Hap

9. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

congrats to chip and karen. these r two of the nicest people and they love the game. howard

10. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Grantitan,
    You are spot on! I want to know how many shoes Larry and John have worn out walking up and down the line? I don't know of any other club that I visit that have two guys working so hard to make sure I have a good time! Keep it up guys!
    CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

karen vanderveen trap shooter