1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Renato Gamba Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jerseyshooter, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I saw one of these yesterday in a gunshop and thought it looked quite good. Nice fit and finish, nice balance. It is a single barrel 34 inch trap with a medium height rib. I have heard of the Renato Gamba Daytona which is a pretty darn expensive O/U gun. This one was called an Endinburgh and priced at 750$ so I am assuming there is a reason. Any experience with these at all? I would guess they would be a challenge to get fixed as compared with a BT99.

2. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I have shot that exact model for several years. With the adjustable comb and butt it fits me like a glove. I love it. Unfortunately several parts from the ejector have failed and there are no spares out there. I removed the ejector system and now fish out empties with my thumb. No problem really. If spares were available I'd say this is a real value.
    dju

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

That was one of the first dedicated trap guns I ever picked up. It fit like a glove and I wanted it. By the time I thought it over and went back to buy it, it was gone...Would like to try on another one.

JON

4. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Gamba's are great guns. They just arent well known so the resale may not always be there.

If you want a super gun to shoot, look no further.

I own one and missed out on the second

People drool over it, hand engraved, indexed screws, nice wood, closes like a bank vault.

regards

5. checker

checker Member

176942457 is auction number for one on Gunbroker NOW....Renato Gamba Edinburg Match Trap
    [​IMG]

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It is nothing more than a Franchi 2005. EXACT same gun, but came with a silver receiver. Their rear screw hole area on the forearms all tended to crack.

They were $2,400 new in the early 80's, if my recollection is close. I had one, but it's trigger was poor.

I bought out the entire parts line on these from FIE before they closed up.

WW

7. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Hey Whiz, do you have any parts left? I need an ejector hammer.

8. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Whiz White:
    So do you have ejector parts on hand? I need the striker/hammer that fits on the left side of the forearm, and also the tiny square that connects the ejector to the other thingie that both slide on the left side of the barrel.
    davidjayuden@msn.com

Jerry Coy thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2005 renato gamba

armi renato gamba edinburgh match

gamba edinburgh trap shotgun

renato gamba edinburgh

renato gamba edinburgh match shotgun
renato gamba edinburgh match single barrel
renato gamba edinburgh single