1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing top lever from Browning Citori?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikepacific60, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hello to all, I am disassembling a Browning Citori action for maintenance. I have almost completely disassembled it (removed hammers, locking block etc), but removing the top lever has me stumped.

Any hints on how to remove the top lever greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I am also keen to remove the free play in the trigger (pull/pull) before it fires – any hints there?

Cheers Mike

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Mike,

Having taken the locking bolt out, you should be able to see the bottom of the top lever. Looking here, you should see a "dog-legged" part extended from the round shaft.

This part pivots on the shaft. Uusing a brass punch, tap on the round shaft of the top lever(bottom side). As you tap, you will see this dog-legged part begin to pivot. Continue tapping and it will pivot to the diamater of the shaft, and the complete top lever will come out the top of the receiver.

If you remove the pivot screw holding this dog-legged part to the top lever, do not over tighten it when reinstalling. If you do so, it will not want to pivot back into position very easily.

I do not give trigger adjustment advise.

Doug

3. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Thanks Doug, much appreciated, Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori top lever removal

citorit op lever
how to change top lever on browning citori
removing the tang lever from a browning citori
removing the top lever from a briwning citori