1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing the pins on a Kolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bjk1972, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

How tough is it to remove the firing pins from a Kolar t/c reciever? Would like to clean and lube em up.

2. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Easy peasy, take the stock off with the provided stock wrench, take the trigger out with the provided wrench. You will see the back of the firing pins they are rounded on the end you should easily see the pin that holds them in just hold the pin so it doesnt fly out and get something small enough and lightly tap them out. Have done it 100 times. I can give you some pictures if you have trouble and never leave oil in the holes just run a pipe cleaner through and that's it. Jake

3. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Thanks Jake!You said to not oil holes. Do I reassemble dry or lightly oil body of pins? Thanks Brad

4. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

They didn't come with oil on them and I'm guessing if you oiled them once you shot a few times all that dirt and powder would get in there and hang them up so always put them in there dry. Call Kolar to confirm that but I have always put them back in dry.

5. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Will do. Thanks.

6. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Regarding oiling the firing pins, why would the Kolar be different from the Perazzi?

From Whiz Whites website on changing Perazzi firing pins, he says:

"6. Thoroughly oil the new firing pins and cavity, and reinstall. Be careful to
    orient the groove in the firing pin to accept the #128 pin as you drive it
    back into position."

http://www.swsupply.com/downloads/ChangingFiringPins.pdf

I'm not sure why the Perazzi would require oil and the Kolar would not? I'm not trying to start an argument, just trying to understand.

7. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Maybe you should oil them? Although I never have, I could be doing it wrong but mine seems to work fine maybe I could shoot better if I did oil them. Carried a 96.60% doubles average last year so they must work okay. ATA #0312457 Jake

8. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Thats some damn good shooting Jake! I called Kolar today and they suggested installing them with a thin film of oil on them. Im very impressed with the customer service and support that you get from them.Keith gave me a quick lesson on removing the ejector tip rods as well. FYI Kolar will be at the Cardinal Classic. Thanks for response, pins came out easy as pie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to remove kolar firing pins