1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing stock from a BPS Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I'm looking to send out youth guns out to have LOP adjusters put on. Does anyone have any experienced removing the stock from a BPS trap? The bolt has a slotted head but that thing is on there to stay. Any recommendations?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is slotted but it should also be a hex nut. You may need a thin wall socket. On a Beretta I had to use a tiny torch and focus the heat on the nut and bingo, it came loose

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've had to use a wrench on my screwdriver (Snap-on has a hex on the shank just for this) to get them loose the first time. Brownells makes a nice wrench for doing this very chore. It's a shrouded standard screwdriver with a "t" handle.

ss

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I just pulled a stock off a BPS trap and it was a straight slot head crew. It was kind of a PIA as it is hard to get much light down the hole in the stock which made getting good alignment of the driver in the slot tricky. I tried a proper fitting bit from my Wheeler screw driver set first and I snapped that tool. Maybe it was a bad tool or maybe a really tight screw. Then I found an old long shaft large flat screw driver and ground it to fit the screw. After getting the driver in the screw slot I tapped the end if the driver a few times with a 2 lb hammer then the screw broke loose relatively easily. I don't know if the screw was loctite treated at the factory or if someone did it aftermarket but it deffinately had been locktited.

Good luck and when you do get the factory screw out, replace it with one that has a Torx or hex head.

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I just use a large screw driver.
    Steve Balistreri

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wrap the end of the screw driver with masking tape about an inch from the end. Use enough tape so it is a slip fit in the stock hole. This will keep it centered in the slot. Use a screw driver with a flat sided shaft so you can put a wrench on it for added leverage. HMB

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I concur with the others, mine was really hard to break loose. I had to use a wrench on the drive and even then it was really hard to get loose. Stick with it, that sucker will come out, but it is hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bps stock screwdriver