1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing magazine band, Mod 12 barrel with Cutts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I hope this is not a "dumb question". I finally found a mod 12 trap barrel for my mod 12 with cutts compensator. I do not have the gun at hand right now but I can't figure out in my head how to get the magazine band off the barrel with the Cutts on the muzzle end and the wide chamber portion at the breach, both preventing the split ring from just sliding off. Do I need to find another magazine band for the trap barrel? If that is the case, anybody got a spare they would part with? Thanks, Rich

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Take a good look at the Cutts. Most of them are threaded on the barrel with a bit of locktite to hold the collar in place. If that's the case, a bit of heat should let you unscreww the Cutts.

Big Jack

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Like BJ said, most model 12s had screw on applications for that very reason. I once had a model 37 Ithaca where the ring was silver soldered on. Heat is necessary to remove either.

Hap

4. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

never had a model 12 that the cutts screwed on. model 42's yes. on mine I simply remove the screws completly on the band, slip a business card or similar between barrel and band and pop it off. hope that makes sense. Jack

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I hope ovaljack is right. I don't think the Cutts is threaded.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Same as Ovaljack. Jeff

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

And the winner is!!!!! Ovaljack. Loosened screws, slid the band as far forward as possible and it popped right off. No strain, no sweat, no bluing damage. It was easy man! Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.