1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing ejector hammer springs on a 3200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DBLMTHM, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBLMTHM

DBLMTHM Member

I just bought a 3200 and the forend is cracked. I am shipping it off for repair/refinish. While I have the wood off I would like to remove the ejector hammer springs and make the gun extract only. The same as my Ljutic. I have researched all of the old threads, but I still do not see how to remove the springs. Can anyone help, please?
    David Lawhon

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remove the fore end wood from the iron. Uncock the ejector hammers. Drive the cross pin out. Remove the springs, replace with weaker springs, or you can shorten the original springs. Replace the iron in the fore end wood. HMB

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dave, Looking at the ejector spring its riding on a rod. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and place them on the rod moving the rod to the rear. It will come out with the spring. Pretty straight forward.

4. DBLMTHM

DBLMTHM Member

Thanks to all for your help. I got those ejectors out and am delighted with the extractors.
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.