1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing double release on K80?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 26, 2013.

1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just bought a K80 o/u (1999 gun by serial number). It comes with double release triggers, which I don't want/need. What is involved as far as converting it back to pull/pull. If I remember correctly, the hooks need to be removed, and the trigger pull needs to be lightened, otherwise it will be 5-6lb.

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Skeet Man, just take "keeper pins" out and washers remove "hooks re-install washers and keeper pins. TRY it before changing "sear" engagement, sometimes they are "just" right. JMO. Joe joe90t

3. skeet_man

Good to know, thanks.

Any rough idea on the value of the hooks themselves? Don't know who the mfg is, but based on what I've seen in the past, the hooks have at least some value by themselves.

4. B.C.

B.C. Member

Wrong there is a safety feature that you have to REPLACE part #722
    it is inside the Hood latch spring !

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Seriously recommend it be sent to someone like Earnest Marlette for the work. Sear angles must be re-cut, etc. You'd be an accident waiting to happen otherwise. Withers

6. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Heed BC and Claybdr's advice. I had factory double release's removed by Ernest Marlette last year, he also set both triggers at 3.5 lb pull. I sold the parts on this site.

7. SAL328

SAL328 TS Member

You are close enough to Ottsville why not drive it down and have the experts do it at Krieghoff? Makes a nice day trip and you can drool over the nice new guns there. You could drop it off in the morning and drive over to Cabelas then drive back and pick it up in the afternoon. Usually only takes a couple of hours to change the releases and they can give it a tune up while you are there. Just need to schedule it with them by calling and making an appointment.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Joe90T: has it right

Gary

9. skeet_man

Unfortunately Krieghoff would be a 600+ mile round trip for me. Not un-doable, but not convenient either (maybe if I can get a buddy to take a ride down with me). I actually had them do an annual on my friends K80 last week @ the OH state, unfortunately I didn't own the gun at the time (just bought it yesterday, so it probably won't be here for a week or so).

sts1100- Did Marlette need the whole gun, or just the receiver and iron?