1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing a Don's Carey Comb Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtand 99, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Removing a Don

I just received a Don's Carey Comb stock on a K80 and I would like to know how to remove it from the gun without causing either one any damage---any help would be great----Thanks Norbert

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Loosen the screws in the butt pad and the unit will slide up as you gently pry the cheek piece up and off.

If you need help call Don at 928 342 6373.

3. wanderer

wanderer Member

Hi X-stand:
    If the recoil pad has been replaced from Don, and the holes in the pad and the backing plate don't line up, after taking the pad off, loosen the two screws in the recoil pad backing plate, the move the upper comb off. If it is tight you might need the tapered wedge Don provided. DON'T USE A FLAT BLADED SCREWDRIVER.

If you have the "silver lock" model, with a silver slotted head in the black part between the pad and the stock, after loosening the screws in the pad backing plate, turn the slotted silver screw which will loosen the comb, slide it up and back, and off the stock. Again, don't use a flat bladed screwdriver to loosen the comb. G.E.G.

4. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Thanks for the words of wisdom---I have had some success to this point in getting the recoil pad off and the comb but I don't know how to remove the inner workings to get at the stock bolt yet---Norbert

5. wanderer

wanderer Member

Never worked on a K-80, however on a Perazzi, once the pad backing strip, and comb were off, the hydraulic cylinder and springs just lifted out giving access to the stock bolt. G.E.G.

6. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Thanks for all the help---I got it changed out to the original stock---your words helped alot----Norbert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carey combs gun stock