1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REMOVE BORE SIGHTER FIRST!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yikes. Bet he don't make that mistake again. How would he not have seen that in the scope? I thought you had to match that with the crosshairs in the scope. Oh well. Doesn't matter now. Hope the guy is ok now.

Matt

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

wow unreal! what caliber is that? never would have thought that it was do that to the barrel. just figured a bulge or split at the end, not turn it into a flower half way up.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Your right Dixie, That picture is more then a year old. There is also another one floating around, but this one has a stainless barrel.

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Also no real reason for the supposed shooter in the last pic to have that much facial trauma. While some gas would escape around the case head and through the bolt and towards the shooter, the vast majority of it would be vented out the hole(s) in the action that are there for exactly that purpose. I have seen this gun in emails in the past but never with the added injured victim included.

Jeff

5. grntitan

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that's the wind blowing out of the story. LOL I hadn't seen the pics before. I kinda wondered where all the injuries came from yet no blood on the carpet around the gun. Some of us would not be very good CSI people. Still very cool pics of a cartoon looking gun.

Matt

6. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

There is a 20 ga Browning on the wall at my club that split at the front edge of the monoblock and peeled open from the rear. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it. Shooter was shooting 2 guns got 28 and 20 ga mixed in his bag, dropped a 20 in 1 barrel , 28 in the other. 1 fired 1 snapped, opened gun thought he only loaded 1 barrel, 28 was down at the forcing cone. Bad deal, threw the gun in a trash can and drove away. True story, Abilene Clay Sports, Abilene, Tx. Jim

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

This was going around about 3 years ago. Its still good to bring back up to show and to remind people to USE THEIR F%^&ING HEADS. I just hope his wife puts that rifle in a vase and puts it on the dinning room table. LOL

8. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

Her is the cratered Browning the guy droped a 20 ga shell in on top of a 28.
    Jim Poor

geezerglide_2010_190111.jpg

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bore sighters have got to be about the most ignorant thing ever invented, anyhow.

Next time you're out in the woods, remember it's inhabited by people with loaded guns who were too godd@mned lazy to shoot an extra 5 bullets to get the gun on paper, before heading for the woods.

10. grntitan

buzz-gun--Thats an opinon and a pretty self centered one at that. The bore-site simply gets the crosshairs close and level. Just because you don't like them doesn't make it the most ignorant thing ever invented. I don't think it makes you lazy. Maybe its not for people who can't figure out how they work.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

If you're a real shooter, the time you spend on the range sighting-in is enjoyable, and time well-spent.

Bore sighters are for people who don't want to do the range time and shoot the bullets, period.

Is an extra 5 shots' worth of range time really that much of an imposition? C'mon folks, if you're going to be shooting at live animals, you can do that much...imsco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.