1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove and clean my Browning Citori ejectors??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by greg2648, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg2648

greg2648 Member

I have a Browning Citori that has had a few thousand rounds through it. I would like to remove and clean/re-oil the ejectors. Can somebody give me some instruction on how to remove them? I have done this on my Krieghoff and Perazzi. Thank you, Greg.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

try this, might work.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Greg, If you look at the ejector there is a hole in the long bar. Slide the ejector back and forth until you see the round pin (through the hole) that moves the ejector and make it funtion. This pin has a slot in it(screw) that needs to be removed before you can take them out. Its a tough job, need a vise to hold barrel and a strong and very thin slot blade to remove the screw. Good Luck and Break-em all. JEff

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Hold the barrel vertical with the chambers down and dribble mineral spirits onto the ejector where it slides against the barrel. This will flush the old lube, dirt and soot from behind the slide. Push the ejector against the barrel to allow the solvent to flush along the edges of the dovetail slot. Use compressed air to blow the solvent out from behind the ejector from both ends. I usually do this twice to make sure they're as clean as I can get them. I clean my guns after each use and do the ejectors every third/fourth cleaning.

I'm not above putting a quart of mineral spirits into an old loaf pan and submerging the ejector slides as I work them back and forth to clean behind them.

I've not found the screws to be terribly tight in most cases but it is a good idea to use a hollow ground gunsmith's screw driver to take them out. If you can do the job without messing with the screws, so much the better.

MK

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Brownell's sells screwdrivers and tips that make this job easy..as described by Jeff above. I haven't had to put barrels in a vise...just use the correct screwdriver tip to remove the screw and carefully remove, clean, and reassemble. I remove the ejectors from my citori from time to time. No problem. Much easier than trying to remove Beretta ejectors but you need the correct screwdriver tip. Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori cleaning

browning citori disassembly

browning citori disassembly instructions

browning citori ejector removal

cleaning browning citori

how to clean a browning citori shotgun

how to remove ejectors from citori 725
remove ejectors from a citori