1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Removable triggers----cleaning

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

When removing a removable trigger I spray it with gunscrubber and wipe it down to clean it. My question what is the best way to lubricate it? I now spray with Rem oil and wipe the excess off. Bulge.

2. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Bulge, what you are doing is probably Ok - I used to do the same thing now after cleaning with gunscrubber I spray it down with TriFlo - shake it out - let it set overnight upside down and wipe it off before putting it back in the gun -

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There are several products that clean and leave a suitable light lube even when you clean and use compressed air to blow it out - no waiting over night......Bob Dodd

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bdodd, what products are they? Bulge.

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Giacomo told me to clean them with mineral spirits, blow them out, and lube them with Triflo.

Ed Yanchok

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Bulge, to start with, those mentioned on this thread already. And, if I really wanted to start an argument, WD-40 has always been my choice. Not one bad result in 45 years - and NO, I'm not that young....Bob Dodd

7. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

WD-40 would be just fine if you were going to put the gun away for a while and then lube it properly when you're ready to shoot again. WD-40 is a great protectant but it is not a lube. Read the can.
    The TriFlo stuff is top of the list for me. I've used it since it was TriFlon and they got sued and had to mod the "flon".
    A little gunslick on the sears and cocking cams is OK too but the TriFlo is really all ya need.

works for me

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.