1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remote Satelite Dish For RV

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jun 15, 2013.

1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with a remote satelite dish for their RV? We have a dish on the top of the unit, but will parking it under an aluminum awning. Thinking the reception will not be good there, was thinking about hooking a remote unit into the system.

Will be using Dish network and need some info on the best type unit. Thanks.

GneJ

2. THALL

THALL Member

I currently use a Dish Tailgater for my camper & also use it on my wife's horse trailer rig. As long as you have a view to the southern sky I believe you will pleased. Had an autotracker for my dish on a toyhauler that I just sold & it worked well. Good luck. Tim Hall

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

We have Direct TV for the home and motorhome but are soon going to cable. DISH has a "pay-as-you-go" plan for motorhomes and RV's that is much cheaper...about $45/month. We've recently had many problems with Direct TV including rate increases and unreliable equipment. As far as I'm concerned they are outta here.

blade819

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I tried a Dish on a tripod for a while and couldn't get it right. So, I spent the $$ on a self aligning satellite for the roof of my 5th wheel. It was great. You did have to be out from under heavy limbs, etc. But, for me it was well worth the money. My server is Dish Network. I am told they offer a traveling set up for a few hundred now.

JON

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I recently purchased the Weinguard (sp) Carryout. Olny time I had trouble was at ALA State shoot. I was too close to tree line. It does great most times and is completely automatic. Jake

6. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

Uncle bought one last year and loves it. Parks RV in the shade and sets dish in the open.

7. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Friend has a VU cube. Auto alignment works great. jim w.