1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remmy 1100 load question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

I was considering getting a remmy 1100 or 1187 in the black composite stock for skeet and sporting clays.

How is it with cycling different brands of ammo? I use 2 3/4 dram 1oz 7.5's or 8's
    Federal, remmy gun clubs, and rio's in my over under for trap. Would these shells cycle in the semi?

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I tried out a new 1187 this past week and I was useing 1oz loads. I had no problems with the loads they cycled fine.Just as an after thought,my sx1 did not like them at all,would not eject.Good luck with what ever you get. Ray

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Put a light coat of Break Free CLP on the magazine tube of your 1100 and keep the piston housing area cleaned and lightly coated with CLP. About every 500 rounds, take a paper towel and wipe off the magazine tube, piston rings, and piston chamber and put a fresh coat of CLP. Will shoot any loads flawlessly. Clean inside and out a couple of times/year. Regards, Ed

4. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

My 1100 in 12 will cycle 7/8 and 1 oz loads. as posted keep it clean,
    Doug

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, by "black composite stock", you are comparing apples to oranges between the 1100 and the 1187.

Currently the "black composite stock 1187" is the Model 11-87 Sportsman Synthetic. The gun is matte black and has a 26" or 28" standard contour 3" field barrel. It will cycle target loads, but not the very lightest ones. They will reliably cycle Mao Mart 2-3/4" 1-1/8 oz 2-3/4 or 3 dram loads. Many will cycle lighter loads, but some owners have reported their gun will not. (The best 1187 field barrels for lighter loads were the polished blued light contour models, but that model has been discontinued.)

The current black synthetic stock 1100 is the Model 1100 Competition Synthetic. This gun is set up specifically for target loads. I don't know how light of a load they will cycle, but for sure they will cycle lighter loads than the above 1187 field gun.

There is a steep difference in the price of these two guns. But you get more bang for your buck for a target gun with the 1100 Competition Synthetic.

Keep in mind that there are good used 1187 Premiers (polished blue and wood stocks) out there with 26" or 28" light contour barrels for reasonable prices. The money saved over new will more than pay for a set of black synthetic stocks. And there are monte carlo slug gun stocks in black synthetic that will give you a better POI. I've installed adjustable combs or monte carlo stocks on all of my 1100s and 1187s, including the camo models. I've found my light contour barrels will generally cycle loads a bit lighter than my standard field barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.