1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remmington nylon rifles- original pxs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

what were the original in store prices for the remmington nylon66 back in 1970
    and for apache 77 sold in kmart stores 1987-89?

2. K80

K80 TS Member

I have a 66 in apache black/chrome was bought new in 1970, I think the amount was somewhere between $55.00-65.00 dollars +/-.

3. acss

i had a fellow tell me off the cuff-$69 !!!

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Im the 70's while I don't remember retail prices, what I do remember is the....................

35.00 to put one back together, after some knucklehead took it apart to clean it!

I heard a lot about how that was more then half what they paid for the gun! But it is not an easy gun to reassemble! and that $35.00 in 70's cash is what 105.00 or more today, if the smith doesn't give you a big belly laugh and send you packing!

Al

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

When the model 66 came out in 1959 the price was 49.95. When discontinued in 1987 $130.00. The model 77 Apache green also known as the K-Mart gun came out in 1987 the price was $109.95.

For you Remington collectors you should get a book called "Remington Rimfire Rifles" by John Gyde and Roy Marcot. The book is $97.00 shipped to your door. Lots of info and pictures of all models a must have if your collecting. I can give you Johns Cell # if Interested.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Grass cutting money got me a Mowhawk brown for $63 dollars at Rogers Tire and Appliance in 1969, Fredericksburg Va. Check out this website ! Jeff - http://nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Home/Home.html

7. acss

i think my shooting friend has that book- thanks

8. acss

gees- i miss those times!! thanks

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

My Dad paid $39.00 for mine (Mohawk brown) when I was fifteen; now how old do you think I am? About a year later a Ruger 10/22 sporter stock was purchased for me for my birthday at $64.50. Since those were my first guns, it has a special meaning in my life. Everytime I look at these guns it brings back my youth and they are much more valuable than their current value; ah, priceless. BT-100dc

10. acss

bt100- you are right on!!

11. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

my first 10/22 was purchased for 64.99, with money I made cleaning old bricks for a house my dad was building, around 1972 I think.

tony

12. acss

you cudnt get a kid to clean bricks today , even if they were "gold"!-
    we pulled nails out of boards as my parents toredown an old hose- thats how i got my nylon 66. what bothers me is, i cant remmember what i traded it off for?
    funny how you look at things now!!!!

13. woodlord

woodlord TS Member

I bought one from JC Penny in 1974 (apache black) for $125 Best rifle I've ever owned... Mine was stolen in 1989. Anyone have one to sell?

14. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Monday I looked at what I thought was a 99% model 76 "trairider" Apache Black. The owner and a friend of mine claimed he bought the gun new in the 60's for around $40.00. The gun was made June of 1964. When I was inspecting the gun I turned it up side down to check the stock around the trigger guard for cracks. Unfortunately the stock was cracked. This is all to common with the lever action nylons. The owner couldn't believe it since he claimed he had shot less than two boxes of shells through it since new.

I still offered him a very good price for that gun and he turned my offer down for now. Fortunate for me I have a nos black stock for a 76. The 76 AB is a scarce and hard to find gun and I need it for my collection.

15. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

In Rangely, Colorado 1978 I traded a turntable that wouldn't keep the same speed for a brown Nylon 66. It was all in pieces in an ice cream bucket. I put it back together and tried it out picking flies off the windowframes [from inside the house!]. Ah the good ol' days [memories]. We also had bottle rocket fights in that house and with the neighbors. jjk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.