1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REMINTON 105CTI WHAT IS THE LATEST

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KK, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KK

KK TS Member

Does anyone have any current accurate information on the new Remington 105CTI. The last thing I read on the gun was that it was being released but that it would taken a minimum load of 3.25 dram equivalents of powder to operate the action. If that is so, it is certainly come along way from the orignal low recoil trap gun it was supposed to be. A 3.25 dram load is not ever legal for trap. I wonder what niche Remington sees this new gun filling in the Market Place. It sure seems we have plenty of upland bird guns already. Pretty gun though! KK

2. Orrin

Orrin Member

I just got one.

I'm not impressed. There is so much drop at comb (1.75 inch) that I see the back of the receiver when I shoulder it in normal fashion.

I don't know if I will try shooting it or trade it...

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

The 105cti is not a trap gun and Remington does not claim that it is.

4. Orrin

Orrin Member

I bought mine for a field gun.

Remington specs indicate drop at comb as 1.5 inches. Not 1.75 inch as mine measures.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Orin ... maybe you should contact Remington and have them send you a 1/4".

BTW if you purchased this gun as a trap gun and did not look at the stock dimensions or even shoulder the gun before purchase than all I can say is ... well ... thats your own dang fault!

6. KK

KK TS Member

WHAT PRICE DID YOU PAY FOR YOURS? THANKS,KK

7. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have one as new in the case F/S for $1025 delivered. This gun shot just fine with 2 3/4 dram light loaeds! Email for pix or call Bill 609-658-7739.

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

We did an extensive test on one of the new 105CTi's, and as was mentioned above, we weren't impressed at all. As you heard, the minimum loads it will take is a 3¼ DRAM EQ. When we tested it, we found that the 3 DRAM Federal loads that we put through it wouldn't cycle it, but our 3¼ DRAM Winchesters cycled fine. The way that the first shell is loaded is a pretty cool design, but that's pretty much all it has going for it...and the bottom eject. I don't believe the "48% reduced recoil" is the case either, we found it kicked just as much as the 11-87 we compared it to. Hope you find your gun.

-Jollytrapshooter

9. Coach P

Coach P TS Member

I've commented on this before. I have a 105CTi for hunting and games. It will cycle 1180fps 1oz. loads all day long. I tried some of my lite reloads, 1oz. 1150 fps and it did not cycle 4 out of 25 that I shot.

I'm really impressed with the action on this gun, it's built very strong and is suprisingly simple to dissamble and clean. It recoils more than I'm used to because it is very lite, less than 7 lbs. I have this because i'm a lefty and the choices are few for left hand autos.

Coach P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.