1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Wingmaster ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Firekiller, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firekiller

Firekiller TS Member

Why do some wingmasters come with the design on the side and some dont? Is it a different grade? Are they worth more?

2. Firekiller

Firekiller TS Member

Also my father wants to trade a Browning A bolt 7mm mag for this 870 wingmaster 12 gauge. Whatcha think?

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

It depends on what the design on the side is.

Some had some rolled type engraving on them for a time that did not add or detract from the value, others like the classic trap have some engraving on them , and some limited editions also had some engraving. The later may be of some additional value to a collector depending on the shape of the gun or how limited the edition.

I don't know what to tell you regarding the A-bolt vs the 870.

4. Firekiller

Firekiller TS Member

Well thanks for the info. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was gonna reply.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The ones with nothing on them are the real ones, the only ones worth anything. The Michael Jackson Limited Edition is worth no more than a good old fashioned 1950 870TC.

6. Firekiller

Firekiller TS Member

7. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

NO way there really isnt a Mike Jackson edition is there?

8. Firekiller

Firekiller TS Member

Thanks EE. I own the wingmaster dont know much about it bought it without the bow new from a friend. The a bolt I havent seen yet. But I will try and get more info and post again.

P.S. I have seen a MJ wingmaster at a gun show. It is all white with silver sparkles all over. When you pull the trigger is make a high pitch scream. LOL.

9. Rustycarlo

Rustycarlo TS Member

LOL..................now thats funny!

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

When I was younger we had a 14 yr old kid that shot a 870 wingmaster and his father shot a humpback brownning---they would break 25s most of the time---We couldn't afford trap guns so we used our field guns---Fox Sterlingworth s/s were also popular---went home with cheek burns but what good times they were.
    That 870 was something---I can still see him smoking targets---OH for the good old days---sjb---

11. RJ

RJ TS Member

Remember those days also. I still shoot an 870 but got wise and went to the 1100 the cheek slapper and kind of gotten away from the muley kic 870, even though I shot it very well. Everything I shoot is field grade.RICH from AZ.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out what a "slide" is on an 870.

On a 1911 I know. Must be my oldtimers acting up again. ;-)

Help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.