1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington - What are they using?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4th. down, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Remington has come out with a new 1 oz. load @ 1350fps. in the Remington Premier Nitro Sporting Clays shell. Does anyone have a reasonable guess as to what powder they are using? Hard to keep pressure down at this speed.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Remington uses their own select blend powder that we can't buy. However, Alliants Green Dot is a great powder for higher velocity and lower pressure.

Example: STS hull~~1 ounce shot~~Winchester 209 primer~~Remingtom R12L wad~~22grs Green Dot=1310fps at 8700psi

Thats not much pressure at all.

3. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Wendell Cherry worked with Remington on the development of this load. He did the testing, not the loading. Remington sent him different loads for a year before this one came along and he gave it the ok. He doesn't know what the powder is. He said it is running at 8,000 psi and he found it to pattern better than the 1290 load in the guns he tested it in.
    Dave

4. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Thanks, Shotgun1. That 8000psi for a 1350fps. load seems almost impossible but I guess it isn't. Some of the big name sporting clay shooters in Houston this week at the Texas State Championship were shooting them. I was standing next to one of these shooters shooting these loads and he smoked a 40yd. crosser and I asked what choke - Lt. Mod. I thought, that's BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.