1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dwmiller, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwmiller

dwmiller TS Member

Their is a good amount of info on the Fig.8's but little on the TGT12S, It is listed under 1oz. but nothing under 1 1/8oz The bag has both listed. Can it be used for both? Should it be? What about RXP12's.
    Looking for some load info, 1145 and 1200 fps loads Clays powder, Win. primers, Rem hulls.

Thanks
    Doug Miller

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Doug: I have used the Figure 8 wads for 1 ounce loads with no problem. (Had to make a minor adjustment on the finish crimp). I have used the TGT12 and the RXP wads for both the 1 ounce and 1 1/8 loads. You might have to adjust the crimp a little, but they will work fine in the STS hull. I have used 17.5 grains of clays for 16 yard and 18 grains of clays for handicap and it makes for a soft shooting shell that will do the job if you do yours. Ed

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I use the TGT-12s wad in my 1-1/8 ounce handicap loads as a substitute for the Figure-8 wad in Hodgdon's data, showing Remington Nitro 27 duplication loads with TITEGROUP powder.

The reason you can use the TGT-12s for a 1-1/8 ounce load with TITEGROUP is because TITEGROUP is very dense, and the height of the TGT-12s wad works well with the 1-1/8 ounce payload, since it is "taller" than the Figure 8. With dense powders you can run the risk of caved-in crimps.

I don't think you'd have much luck using the TGT-12s with 1-1/8 ounces of shot and CLAYS powder, since CLAYS is not a very dense powder.

Remington Hulls

Win209 primer

TGT-12s wad

1-1/8 ounces of mangnum shot

17.1 grains of TITEGROUP

Works great!

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

CHS said it backwards, but timb99 nailed it. The TGT-12 works great in STS hulls for 1oz loads with all powders, even really dense ones like 700X, and with very dense powders for 1 1/8oz. I prefer the Fig-8 to the RXP12 wad for all 1 1/8oz loads with "normal" powders.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I can switch between 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz bushings in STS hulls on my PW with no changing of anything. The wad was designed to be for either and its marked on the case as such. Jeff

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I load the TGT 12S with both loz. and oz. and an 8th on a DL-366 with no changes. 17 and 18gr. of Red Dot, sts and nitro's, Rem. shot and primers. Steve

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I've loaded both the TGT-12 and the RXP-12 wads and I prefer the older, RXP; both work well, the STS hulls I load on an old MEC Grabber crimp a little better with the RXP

I load 17.5-17.7 Red Dot for singles & doubles and 18.1 to 18.2 for HDCP

Rem STS 209 Primer

8. PATRICK L HOGAN

PATRICK L HOGAN TS Member

I use nitro 27 hulls fiochi primer (way cheeper than remington and no ftf's)
    17.9 gr titewad powder tgt12 wad in a hornaday 366 and thay shoot and look like a factory load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.