1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington wad shortage?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Anyone else noticing this? My dealer hasn't got a wad shipment from Remington yet this year. 12s and 20s are sold out, they still have 28s and 410s, but probably won't after I get through with them tmrw morning (didn't realize there was a problem until I was talking to my buddy earlier tnight, so I want to lay in enough to last me a while).

Recobs, Gamaliel, and CAC are all also out of RXP20s. Grafs has some, but my buddy wasn't interested at $150/case, Ballistic Products or Precision Reloading also had some, but they'd also be $150/case after shipping. They typically run a couple bucks north of $100 a case around here.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sure is, primers too!!

3. skeet_man

My best guess as to their lack of availability (for @ least the 20ga) is maybe they are retooling to a stitched wad like they did for the 12ga and 28ga. I know the 28ga was scarce about this time of year 2 years ago when they did the same thing. Maybe I'll call the ammo plant in Loanoke monday and see if they can tell me anything.

I have enough factory 20ga laid in to last me the season, and thanks to the christmas downrange drawing, I have enough 20ga wads to last me the season for reloading, but my friend and my dad are trying to find the RXP20s.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The end is near. HMB

5. mikelittle

mikelittle TS Member

In Iowa and northern mo. you can't find primers or shot either the local walmart says the were told they won't be getting anymore remington shells> Talked to a friend in Maryland he said the same thing.And if they get anymore primers it will be $200.00 a box.As frank said they kept my rebate the last two years they can keep their shells to.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Has anyone checked to see if George Soros is choking off the supply? Ed

7. lboh

lboh Member

Just bought 5k Fig8 wads from my supply house and he had plenty more. Also had as many Remington primers as I wanted, but I have decided to stay with Winchester.

Maybe the stores are having other issues as the supply seems to be out there.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

ED, those controlling the cash weild power in various ways!

Hap

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Remington rebate checks came in envelopes that looked like junk mail. Many were thrown away with the junk mail.

10. fooldawg

fooldawg Member

I believe SkeetMan is correct. The last batch of RXP20s I purchased from Gamaliel were NOT stiched. Others I spoke with could only find stiched RXP20Ss.

BTW, what are your thoughts; stiched vs non stiched ?

11. 3357

3357 Member

I am with Frank C. I have been boned two years in a row by Remington on the rebate. I am done with the green weeny.

12. 3357

3357 Member

I am with Frank C. I have been boned two years in a row by Remington on the rebate. I am done with the green weeny.

13. lboh

lboh Member

Remington adds an "s" as the last letter in the models that are stitched.

TGT12s and Fig8s are listed as the only stitched wads in their target line. The only other "s" is listed as a hunting load, the SP20s

14. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Remington components are yesterday's news. There are so many quality aftermarket products available in both wads and primers that no one should give a damn. If Remington wants to try to choke their supply, let them. The guys from Cheddite, RIO, Fiocchi, CB, and DownRange will thank them.

15. skeet_man

I tend to agree, but I have yet to find an acceptable substitute to the SP410 wad in the STS case using 296. There may come a point where I say screw it and switch to the HS case in the .410 too (already have in the 28), but I REALLY like my 410 load.

16. skeezix

skeezix Member

A friend of mine was at the SCI show in vegas last week. He'd heard a rumor from someone at Nellis AFB that Remington was going to stop producing shotgun ammo. So he went over to the Remington booth and talked to the guy in the booth. The Remington rep told my friend that since Obama has been in office metallic cartridge sales have surged, and shot shell sales have declined. He said that Remington is concentrating on metallic cartridges and not shotgun ammo.

Take that FWIW, but it sounds to me like anyone who likes Remington ammo or components better have a plan 'B'.

john

17. C-Money

C-Money Member

I bought fig 8 wads in North Idaho last weekend. NO Rem primers except at Cabelas for just under $50.00 a 1000. I bought CCI's as a replacement at a different store for half the price. Black Sheep In Coeur D Alene said they have a bunch of reloading components comming in some time in March.

18. fooldawg

fooldawg Member

iboh,

I cut open a a 20 gauge STS I won at the GE last year and it was stiched. I think it's only a matter of time...

fooldawg

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Remington has already stopped making the HD Waterfowl loads and are marketing the steel crap only.

Remington has gone down the tubes ever since Dupont sold them off.

Curt

20. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Curt - Remington started downhill after duPont bought 100% of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.