1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Wad Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quack Shot, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If they are what I think they are, they were used for a high base target load (all-american), which used a hull that is no longer manufactured. It is similar to the RP-12, but not the same if my memory serves me. They could probably be used for "hunting" loads, but data would be hard to come by.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Caution, caution, dangerous wads approaching. Proceed with caution. You must be kidding. HMB

3. STS100

STS100 TS Member

This wad was used in the old Remington All-American hull which had a high internal base wad.

4. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Any load that designates the red WAA wad, the can be substituted for. I have several bags of them and they work well in 1 1/4 loads as a substitute for 29926 live bird wad. As stated before they were developed for the All American hull. Remington's first Plastic hull shell in the late 60's. Sir Richard

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lyman First Edition shows them for use in the All American hull. They can also be used in the Winchester paper hull with the high base wad. All the loads in my book are 1 & 1/8 oz.

Too short for modern hulls. Putting 1&1/4 oz in them will subject the shot charge to bore scrub.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.