1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington wad question??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ExFedex, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

If the Rem. RXP and the Figure 8 wad are both for 1 1/8 oz. target loads is there any advantage of one over the other? Am guessing that the Fig. 8 is similiar to TGT 12 construction and more recent product but why keep the RXP around? Thanks for your input again.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I believe (that means I'm going by memory and even I don't trust mine) that the RXP wad is shorter than the FIG-8 (which is shorter than the TGT-12). If I'm remembering right, that makes the RXP a better choice for really fluffy powders but it doesn't have the more modern and effective cushion section design of the FIG-8 and TGT-12.

Ed

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Ed's memory doesn't seem to be as bad as he claims.

4. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I believe Ed is right as I have to use the RXP-wad with 22 grains of Green Dot,with the FIG-8 wad the crimp is too shallow.

Trap-4

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

EXFedx: I know they use the RXP-12 wad in the what use to be the cheaper Remington Blue shells that Gander Mountain sold in the tan and white box they work fine and on the 16yd line I feel they're excellent, I use the TGT-12 wad for both my loads and I like them very well they are longer and I guess I can say I just prefer the Remington brand reloading components Primers, Wads, Hulls,I even like there shot but it isn't cheap.Pat

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ahh another product that I have yet to see Remington Shot.

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I still have some STS #7 shot, and I must say it is darn near perfectly round and quite hard. Great shot for the games!

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The RXP is slightly shorter. I had to go to the RXP using Green Dot or 7625 due to the bulkiness of these powders. Also the over powder cup is slightly smaller and seals well but does enter the case easier.

9. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks for the info.. Have always leaned toward Remington components but in recent times I am finding that Downrange Mfg. is putting out a great product that meets or exceeds my experiences with Rem. wads at a lower cost. Regards; Bill H.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Your question:
    "ahh another product that I have yet to see Remington Shot."

Remington shot, $33.75 at the Michigan State Shoot.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rem rxp wad