1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Versa-Max

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by wpairishshot, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have been looking at shotguns for hunting, naturally this Versa-Max comes up. I saw that others like the benelli or beretta come up too. So I am looking for someone with real life experience to tell me about any or all of them.
    Thanks for all the help.

2. twotimer

twotimer Member

0   0   0

pairish, if you decide to go with the Versa-Max, I have a brand new camo one I got at a banquet. I don't think it has even been put together. Let me know if you have an interest. $1250.00 plus actual shipping. Sorry I can't give you any real life experience with it, but they have been well spoken of. Mike

3. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I've always been a Remington guy, but I bought an A400 Beretta. I think it's a much better gun. The Versamax had trigger troubles to start with. Having said that I'm going back to my 870, I just shoot it better. The Beretta has had 100 rds through it. 28" barrel, wood stock, kick off, with box & case. I gave $1575 for it. I'll sell it for $1450. Thanks

4. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

The Versa Max has a lot going for it. It will feed about any ammo you put in it, including some really light loads. It is a bit heavier than the A400 Xtreme and has noticeably softer recoil. The exhaust gas ends up right in front of the receiver, not a bit deal, but different that we are used to. With the optional combs and LOP adjustment kit, there is a lot of versatility in stock dimensions available.

It can run a lot of rounds before cleaning is needed. There aren't any parts under the forearm to get dirty and the action design doesn't pull much crud into the receiver.

The big "if" with the VM is the trigger system. The pull is fairly heavy and long. If you have smaller hands, it may not be the gun for you. I gave up on it for that reason. If you have big hands and don't mind crunching a trigger, there's a lot to like. If you contemplate using it in the field as well as the blind, you may like the 26" balance a bit more than the 28". That is one long receiver.

Dave

5. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

There's a mile long thread on the VM on Shotgun World under the Remington forum.

6. George440

George440 Member

0   0   0

I hunted all last season with my versamax and plan to use it this season. The trigger does pull a little hard but I don"t notice it at all when I'm hunting. The only problem I had with it was The bolt handle flew out but I still finished out the day with it. They had a problem with that in the early ones but remington sent me out a new 1 right away for free. I would recomend 1 anyday you can't go wrong it's a remington.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington versa max for trap

remington versa max trap shooting

remington versa trap
remington versamax trap shotguns
versa maz shotgun for trap shooting
versa trap shotgun
versamax for trap

what kind of problems is a remington versa max having forum