1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington VERSA MAX ON TOUR at Manheim Sportsmen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull Bang, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

August 26

Manheim Sportsmen's Association
    552 Oak Tree Road
    Manheim, PA
    2pm to 8pm

Click on the URL above to see their touring display.

Frank

2. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Shouldered one at the gun shop a couple of days ago.

Did not like the buttstock. I prefer a raised comb, which so far is not available. Additionally, the soft comb insert is fine, but, where it meets the side of the stock, there is a sharp edge there. If you have a firm cheekweld you'll feel the sharp edge.

I'm not sure, but I suspect the receiver is aluminum. Did not have a magnet to test it.

From what I could see the internal machining appears to be done with some care, which is a welcome change from business as usual at Remington. Did not field strip the gun for closer examination.

The styling is very Euro. Definitely do not care for that. The 870/1100/1187 styling is classic American, and I prefer it over the Euro styling. Frankly I think it's ugly. I guess Remington felt compelled to make it look more like a Beretta or other Euro gun to proclaim it was new and not an 1187. The trigger guard in particular just looks funky. Remington also put Euro styling on the latest 1187 and 700 stocks. Please, these are AMERICAN guns, ditch the Euro styling.

As for the gas system, looks innovative. Time will tell if it actually works as claimed.

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Just shot the gun today as they were at our club. Nice gun and alot less recoil even with 3 1/2 inch magnums.

5. Brian in Oregon

Just so folks know what we're talking about...

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Their just trying to keep up with Benelli and Beretta. That won't happen. They should just go back to the old classic styling and quality and turn that budget no frill company back into something.

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

9. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

According to Rem Rep, the gun functions with any mix of shells from light 2 3/4" to heavy 3 1/2". No adjustment necessary. Not designed for target shooting. Jimmy Borum

10. Brian in Oregon

The nice thing about the 1100 and 1187 is that there are numerous stocks and barrels available for them. So far the Versa Max is "one size fits all".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.