1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Versa Max, get the popcorn...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by den1100, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. den1100

den1100 Member

Are you serious....? http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/safety-warning-recall-notice-VersaMax.aspx

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Try this link above.

Wayne

4. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

Here is the recall notice in text form.

....Paul

Product Recall Notice Warning
    DO NOT USE YOUR REMINGTON VERSA MAX SHOTGUN

Remington has found that a limited number of its Versa Max shotguns may have hammers out of specification. This condition may result in inconsistent firearm performance.

Inconsistent firearm performance may result in property damage, serious personal injuryor death.

If you have a Remington Versa Max shotgun immediately discontinue use of the shotgun and contact Remington at 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #4. Remington will arrange for the return shipment of your Versa Max shotgun and upon receipt will immediately inspect and retrofit your Versa Max shotgun and return it to you at no cost to you. All Versa Max shotguns that have the hammer enhancement will contain a ā€œVā€ stamped that can be seen by looking in the ejection port or through the carrier.

No other firearms are affected. SAFETY IS FIRST

Remington wants to ensure that you enjoy years of safe and dependable service from your Remington Versa Max shotgun. For any consumer questions or instructions on how to return of your Remington Versa Max shotgun please contact the Remington Consumer Service Department at 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #4.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

November 12, 2010

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Are you really that surprised.

6. slodsm

slodsm Member

It's pretty sad. I've owned a lot of Remington shotguns and rifles through the years. My last new 700 varmint would peel half the rim off the case and scar the case deeeeeply on extraction. Remington couldn't fix it so the gun shop bought it back from me.

My last 1100 trap gun was a great shooter but apparently most of the other newer guns have gone to crap.

I guess I'm sticking with Beretta from now on because Remington doesn't want to get the QC act together. Let's not forget about the 597 rimfire recall.

I understand that anything mass produced will have issues now and then but it seems like EVERY new Remington is plagued with them these days.

Jeremy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington versa max recall

remington versa max sticking open

versa max for trap shooting