1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington turn around time

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by avidtrapshooter, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

in your expierience how long does it take from day sent to remington before you get it back?

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

It all depends on what they need to do? What work are you having them do? You aint gonna get that 11/87 back in time if thats what your asking about.

Figure the kid needs it in 10 days and you Fed-Exd it right now for morning delivery they would get the gun tomorrow. Now if they could get it unboxed and diagnosed in one day you would be very very lucky but lets say the do and they say they can do it lickity split in about 3 days which would be a miracle. Now lets say they get it all wrapped and packed and shipped back to you Fed-Ex as well ... and if the moons are all aligned correctly and the rays of the sun reflect properly off the rings of saturn that gun would be back in the kids hands by next Friday.

BTW ... it aint gonna happen but instead of asking here how long it will take have you bothered to call Remington and ask them? I would trust more what they would tell you than what anyone on TS.com would tell you. Do you need the number or do you know how to use Google.com to find it?

Ah crap just to keep ya from wasting anymore time ... 1-800-243-9700.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ah heck ... just to save you the phone call just contact the following company and ask them. Chances are this is who they will tell you to contact.

J&G Gunsmithing
    7680 Barton Rd.
    Granite Bay, CA 95746
    (916) 786-9200

BTW ... mind if I ask just what the kid or his parents have done so far in trying trying to get the gun fixed? I would expect they would be all over trying to get it fixed or him a new one if they cared about his shooting.

4. avidtrapshooter

lol, no that other 11-87 post kinda reminded me that my 11-87 has been at the gunsmith for a while and was just curious as to what the return time for everyone here was. i am in no real hurry for it but do have some plans for it that i would like to get underway, new barrel, wood put on to replace synthetic etc, i have all the parts i just wanna slap em on and go bust some targets.

and the gun was diagnosed before it was sent to remington, it needs a new magazine tube and a new barrel support and the forend problem was fixed already. i know remington don't have the fastest turn around times but no gunsmith would do it so i had too. thanks for the remington phone # though i will call them sometime today.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Last time I sent one back to Remington, it took over three months for something simple. That was the "last" time I sent one back to Remington and it was over a decade ago.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Schnykees ... for $150,000 I would have bought them as well! I would have gotten me a lifetime of shells, custom 1100's and custom O/U's and then ran from the debt like a little kitty in a pit of hungry schnauzers!

7. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I sent my dad's 1953 vintage 870 back to Remington for a complete rebuild and got it back, looking like new, in about 30 days - very nice.

Eric

8. avidtrapshooter

i finally got word from remington, looks like its gonna take about another 2.5-3 weeks for a grand total of about 7 weeks, which is 3 weeks more then there average.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.