1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

******* Remington TGT12-ClayBuster 8100 Wad ******

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Purchased 5000 each of the new ClayBuster CB8100 wad. (TGT12 wad replacement)

Some first observations:

The overall length is about 1/8” shorter than the Remington TGT12

When held side by side and viewed, the bottom of the ClayBuster shot cup is a little lower than the Remington TGT12-S, maybe, .015. This might be due to the shot cup thickness being about half the thickness of the Remington TGT12-S.

The ClayBuster 8100 wad does not have the petals stitched like the Remington TGT12-S wad. Very disappointing to discover this.

Most notably and probably due to the missing petal stitching, the majority of the wads inspected have one or more petals bent or pushed inward enough to catch the powder drop tube on the way into the shell. This places the wad petal under the shot instead of surrounding it. Using a hydraulic Spolar and loose time loading to correct the bent petals. Major pain in the a _ _.

The color matches pretty well though.

Paid around $75/5000

Sorry no pattern information available.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I'll second the Down-Range wad suggestion. Kevin makes one heck of a product.

ec90t

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tried the Claybuster clone. Ended up giving them away. Broke my wad guide petals.

Downrange TGT-12 clone is a better product. May even be better than the original.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

you have 2 choices factory or downrange wads, no particular order. I choose on suppliers avalability.

5. skip

skip Member

Ok on all suggestions and comments guy's.

I just ordered some Down Range TGT12's to try. They don't look like they have stitched petals. Apparently no one is having a problem with collapsed patals with them

The claybusters look like they will work except for the collapsed petals. Kind of a Pain In The A _ _ times 5000

Thanks

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Downrange makes a great TGT12 replacement wad. I sell lots of them! My price is $74.00 a case plus shipping.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises "The Scattergun Store"
    (270) 804-5454

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

You will not find stiched pedals on clones, I Believe Kevin at downrange said Rem does it for their own machine loading needs. Or something like that. I really like how the rems stay on the wad tube. Downrange are very nice. I went through 2500 of them and found no problems with pedals flopping all over. Unfortunatly supplier has not had them for some time. Case of rems for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cb8100-12

cb8100-12 wads
claybuster tgt12
claybuster wads cb 8100 12
claybuster wads cb8100-12

claybusters 8100-12 wad

review claybusters tgt12
reviews for cb 8100-12 wads claybuster