1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington TGT 12S wad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fraz, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

MY supplier is out of my claybuste look alike TGT 12 wad that I use for loading 7/8s - ProMo powder which works perfectly Will thye TGT 12 S wad work the same.
    Thanks for your suggestions and opinions
    Fraz

2. v-strom 650

v-strom 650 Member

I know the Down Range replacement TG12 wads did not work the same for me. Never tried the actual Remingtons. I've had great results for 7/8ths loads w/ that Claybuster TGT12 replacement wad and Extra Lite powder. J.Terre

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The "S" has a longer shot cup I believe. Can be used for either 1 oz., or 1 1/8 oz. loads.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I think the "S" means the petals are stitched for ease of reloading, they come apart upon firing. Same wad as the TGT-12

Wayne

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

...and I've picked up enough used 12S wads to say for certain that the petals don't always open nor does all the stitching always break. Might be my imagination but I get better breaks if I break all the stitching before I load the wad.

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I pretty much refuse to buy any reloading components from Cabelas but, in your case maybe you could get a bag or two to hold you over for a few weeks. Their prices are outrageous but if I recall the price of that wad was not to bad and they were 500/bag Claybusters. Just a heads up.

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

same was, try downrange replacement, smooooooooooooothhhhhhhhhhh and try their new 8 petal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
is the tg12s wad discontinued
remington fig-8s vs tgt 12s
remington tgt 12 s wad compatability
remington tgt s
remington tgt12s wads cabelas
tg12s wad

tg12s wad forums