1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington targets???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgp912kgp, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I saw some of these this weekend a a Father's day BBQ/SHOOT. Does anyone know where these can be purchased???? I have Googled and only see STS ammo on the search.

2. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

they used these at a grand and they kept breaking i guess call Remington and ask them

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

The 90 count target cases are usually sold through retail stores like Wal-Mart.

4. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Bowhunting11,

I thought breaking targets was the purpose of all this???

Checked Wal Mart too and can't seem to get anything but the "UGGHHHH I don't know" talk from them.

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that Remington ceased making targets a few years ago. This case was probably just in the pipeline/storage for quite a while.

6. ctreay

ctreay Member

I thought that the only way to break them was to run over them with the lawnmower, didn't call them blue rocks for nothing, bout like champions.

ctreay

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

At one time Remington targets were the cream of the crop but when the pitch shortage hit in maybe 2005 Remington tried other formulas and they sucked big time. We couldn't get them to go through a Pat Trap set for doubles. We ate 16 skids of them and Remington offered no help. Nothing smoked like a Remington, when they would go through the machine.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They're still being made but by a manufacturer licensed to use the Remington brand.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If they used them at the Grand, it had to be prior to the move to Sparta. They have thrown nothing but White Flyer at Sparta.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Remington was King in the target business for a brief period of time. There was nothing that gave a black ball of smoke like Remington did.

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wasn't it '98 that the trough urinal in the men's john behind the sign-in shed had several laying in there (to be "washed"). They each had 6 - 8 holes in them and, of course, weren't broken. If you shot the Grand that year, and used 8's, you were in for a big surprise. We were using Nitro 27s for singles that year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.