1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Target Barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr Newbius©, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Feb 20, 2008
    You need a special tube and need to order it special from www.specialsinglepatternchoketube.com and the cost will be in upwards of $4 million dollars.

Now that your laughing any Remington choke that you currently have will work in that barrel. All Remington shotguns, except for a couple of the new ones all take the regular Remington chokes and your barrel is one of the regular Rem Choke barrels so if ya got em use em and I would use the Mod choke for singles and really anything back to the 20yd or 21yd line before you might want to consider going a little tighter.
  2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    I will add something to what Mr. Newbus said above. Yes, all RemChokes will fit in any RemChoke barrel but the barrel's bore diameter HAS to be checked if you are to have any idea what choke constriction you have.

Back in the mid-80s when those "Target" barrels first came out, they had .745" bores but newer ones have bores as small as .727". I have a mid-80s 870TC with a .745" bore "Target" barrel and bought a TC for my son that was produced in 1994 that has a .733" bore in its "Target" barrel. Remington tried to replace that .733" barrel with another .745" one for me but .730" was the largest bore they now have in stock. I was told that RemChoke barrels marked "Target" can range from .727" to .745" in bore diameter. That's a lot of potential difference in choke constriction!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.