1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington support. NOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigk, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigk

bigk TS Member

While in Florida last year on holiday I visited a Bass pro shop.I bought a pair of MS 31 Remington ear muffs. So what you might ask,well they lasted all of three months before falling apart.As you know I am from Ireland and returning them to Florida would cost me as much as I paid for them.However I decided to write to Remington and complain,here my problem really starts.The only e-mail address was for customer support for Remington country store which I assumed would be able to take my complaint on board as they are obviously part of this one major corporation.No chance their reply (from William) was to e-mail Remington guns who I could not find an e-mail address for.When I asked Remington support for the address they tell me that they have no access to this supposed address.
    This is what I call passing the buck.This type of thing would not be allowed in Ireland as customers have certain rights.I would have thought that a large company like Remington would support those who buy their products a bit better than this,I pity you guys in the states who have to put up with this type of treatment.I always found American products to be first class and the support from manufacturers second to none.This incident has however left a very bad taste in my mouth.
    I will not be buying any more things with Remington written on them...period.

K

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

So much for "the luck of the Irish".

Tron

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I feel your pain!

FRedmon

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

$10.00 bucks says there is a made in China sticker on them somewhere!!

tony

5. GUOmaha

GUOmaha TS Member

Go to www.radians.com they are the company who sells the Remington brand of hearing protection. They should be able to take care of you. 1-877-723-4267

6. bigk

bigk TS Member

Remington are not worth the hassle.My point in making the complaint was to let them see that we will not all take their crap and be thankful for it.
    CW it has nothing to do with the price be it 25 or 2500,it is the principle of selling crap then passing the buck when someone has the audacity to complain.
    FRedmon whats behind you to pull a face like that.
    Kenent I agree.Big American company(right).
    K

7. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I agree with you bigk. The point is not the $25.00, the point is when it comes time to buy a shotgun or rifle. the consumer remembers the problem he had with another Remington product, and says the heck with Remington, I am going to buy a Browning, or whatever else is available. As an American worker, I would like to thank you for your compliment of American products. Have a good day, Rodbuster.

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

It was a little comic relief actually. I really meant that I feel your pain! I like to get my $$'s worth and poor products and poor customer service really get's me toasty.

The truth is that I have friends that work for Remington and could contact them on your behalf.

Just let me know!

FRedmon

PS - Remington corporate shoots at our club - SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Have you tried Bass Pro? That would be my first avenue of approach.

HM

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Hey Sarge is tits up politicly correct? LOL

11. bigk

bigk TS Member

Thanks guys for the support.FR sorry for snapping.It pisses me off when some of these large corporations take the piss by selling inferior products which they get made in China or Pakistan for buttons and then turn their backs on the ones who buy them.
    Some, and I repeat not all,would serve you up shit and tell you it was chocolate.
    No wonder the world is in the state that it is when these blue chip companies can take all the manufacturing out of our own countries and still get away with selling their crap at home.If they were not so greedy and pay those who buy their products to make them I think everyone would win.
    Throughout the years I have done business a lot in the states and have nothing but praise for the quality and courtesy I have always received.

Thats my rant over.Shooting tomorrow and Sunday so have to chill a bit.

K

12. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

While we are complaining about response from companies, this is a bit more costly than earmuffs.

My BT-99, acquired new, two years ago developed a 28 oz. trigger pull, by itself. It was 64 oz. when I first checked it. The gun has fired less than 10,000 rounds.

I am still waiting to hear back from Browning on this after three weeks.

So far I am not impressed, and am happy that I have other guns that I shoot as well. These happen to be Remingtons.

While the BT-99 is not a high dollar gun, I think for the price asked for it, a somewhat faster response could be expected. "The Best There Is"; I don't think so.

13. MilCon

MilCon Member

Many of us in North America learned a long time ago not to buy anything with Remington on it.
    Those of us who have learned thier lesson on this understand your plight.

14. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I,for one, will remember this. You don't put the Remington name on something and "walk" away.I'm sure it is an "after market" product that Remington decided to get in with. Still, their name is on it and they should respond.

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Welcome to the corporate America of today. And it isn't just Remington that is affected by it. Downsizing of personnel rosters has hit everywhere, probably including your place of business - I know it has at mine. Fewer employees are being asked to shoulder more responsibility and customer service often suffers as a result. But I can tell you that there is hope with Remington.

In the fall of 2007, I bought a new Model 700 stainless synthetic rifle and went through over 500 rounds in search on an acceptably accurate load. Every other Model 700 I own showed a preference for a given component combination by the fourth or fifth recipe I tried, including another Model 700 in the same caliber, .25-06. I changed the stock to one with an aluminum bedding block that free-floated the barrel, something that ALWAYS worked, but the results were the same 1-1/4" to 3" five-shot 100-yard groups.

A letter to Remington resulted in a form letter being sent in return that basically said nothing and did so using incredibly poor grammar. So I sent another letter to their customer relations manager and received a telephone call from a man who really was helpful. As I told him, I know my rifle did not come with any kind of accuracy guarantee but Model 700s have a reputation for accuracy and all my others could be counted upon for 1" or smaller groups. He also is a .25-06 fan and fed me lots of things to try. He finally sent a UPS call tag for the rifle and was going to rebarrel it for me. However I found the answer to this rifle's accuracy in a very unusual solution - fully bedding the barrel from the recoil lug the just shy of the muzzle. Now it prints 3/4" groups from two different handloads - one for varmints, the other for deer - and the two loads shoot to POIs 1/2" apart.

The moral of the story is don't quit with the first stonewalling you receive. Higher up the food chain there will be someone who cares.

Ed

16. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Aerage ED.......the sad thing is that it has happened NOW !

17. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Ed, on the other side, I purchased a S/S Laminated stock 700 BDL 7MM around 99 or2000. Straight out of the box it prints 3/8" groups at 100yds. Needless to say I was pleased, it was a replacement for a 700 Bdl Mountain rifle with S/S barrel that was stolen. There are a few factory freaks around. J.W.

18. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

J.W., I also have a M700LSS, this one a Canadian special-run gun in stainless with a brown laminated thumbhole stock chambered for the .300 Rem Ultra Mag cartridge. I bought five boxes of Federal VitalShok ammo loaded with 165-grain Nosler Solid Base bullets that Midway USA had on sale for $26.00 a box. I figured that if the rifle didn't like them, I would have good primed nickel-plated brass for handloading for the same cost or less than unprimed brass.

Out of the box, with a Leupold VX-III AO in 4.5-14x on it, it shot 3" groups. Removal of the pressure lugs in the forend cut the group size to 1-1/2" and for a rifle of that intense a cartridge (3,414 fps over my chronograph) that will only be used for big game if my son or I ever go west to hunt, I'm happy with that and haven't even unwrapped the dies I bought before the rifle got here.

Most M700s are accurate and those that aren't usually respond well to having the barrel floated. My newest .25-06 was a strange exception.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.