1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington STS Primers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAtrap, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Nyttro,can't tell you what's going on, but understand your frustration. I ran into a friend the other day that used to shoot and quit several yrs. ago. I asked him if he had any loading supplies left. "Sure do if you buy everything."was his reply. Went out the other day and picked up 6,500 STS primers, 27 bags of Rem. shot, 7,000 fig. 8's, 15 lbs. of 700X,and about 2000 once fired STS's. I'm happy for a while.--Good luck on finding those primers.--Steve

2. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

I saw a whole pallet of them at Guns Unlimited in Omaha Ne 2 weeks ago, $ 128 for 5000

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

$128/5,000 Remington primers is a fantastic deal!!

4. gjmen

gjmen Member

I talked to someone at a local BIG STORE and said they are trying to order them but the military was first in line. They use them in a certain type of grenade. I went to a local mom and pop shop and they had some,they blew the dust off of and charged me $24/1000. Try the smaller shops where people may not go to buy primers, it worked for me. Good luck, gjmen

5. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

It is my experience that if you will go to the local Bass Pro Shop you can buy 1,000 to 1500 primers at a time for about $37 per 1000 plus tax etc. -- they have never been "out" of Remington primers throughout all of this "shortage". They say Bass Pro Shops has some kind of aspecial "deal" with Remington -- however, they will not stock very many at a time for you. Good luck - I know that is very high but it beats nothing!!

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Fiocchi.....$83 per 5000......ZERO misfires so far.......you do the math.....I am sold!

Forrest

7. JLW

JLW TS Member

I bought some Rem's from Guns Galore a couple weeks back. They are in Fenton MI.-Jerald

8. PODO

PODO TS Member

At $37.00 a thousand, I can see why Bass Pro is never out of them - PODO

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Forrest: Where are you getting the Fiocchi primers for $83 /5000 ? I called a supplier last week and was told they had "jumped" in price from $89.99 to $99.99. Thanks. Ed

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Outdoor World at Concord Mills, NC has Win. 209s for $42.50 a thousand. I think that's a record. HMB

11. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

I am not sure of where this store is but it is in ohio by columbia called Fins and Feather.
    You might try there. I know some guys buying from them and they have them/or had them. They will be pricey.
    Try a internet search and I know you can have stuff shipped from them.

Good Luck Bill

12. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

The big problem is remington had money problems for the last couple of years. They no longer make targets and the reason the primers went south is the company that was making them wouldn't ship them without cash up front. Now remingtons problems are over because they where sold last month to a company up in canada who's owner is going to put them out of business.He paid 265mil for the company and took the 287mil that they had out standing and paid that off.There was a big story on this in the gun mags and also on the internet. So in about a year you can say good by to another old gun company!

13. frank t

frank t TS Member

Actually Remington was sold to Cerberus corporation for 118 million. In addition Cerberus takes over 252 million in debt including a revolving line of credit. Why would someone spend that kind of money to have a company go under? As for the primers try Recob in Wisconsin. They have them for 143 dollars a sleeve which is still cheaper than the Winchesters.

Frank T

14. oz

oz Active Member

I just saw sts primers for $32/thousand $160 sleeve. i passed. I will buy fiocchi. oz

15. Odawgp

Odawgp TS Member

I used them right up until i ran out and was looking at 140bucks+ for 5000

I went to Gamaliel.com they had the nobel sport 110 bucks for 5000 have fired almost 500 of them and not a single misfire, nor have I notice any difficulty seating them. I since found 100 or so STS primers in my muzzle loader stuff. I had heard that they where smaller than the Nobel's and that they would fall out.
    After using a foreign primer So, I took 100 hulls that had spent nobel's in them, and reloaded them with the STS primers in and not one of them fell out while loading or boxing. over the weekend I fired half of them. all the hulls still still have their spent STS primers in them.

I will say this about the nobel sport primers they dont seem to burn as hot as a STS a little more flaky crud in the barrel after every shot. but for the money i will clean the crud out.

-clint
    TRAP/SKEET/HUNT LOAD 1200fps very little if no recoil.
    AA Hulls
    15.7 grains of clays
    Claybusters 12L wad
    7/8 oz #8 shot
    Nobel Primer

16. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have Nobel Sport primers for 19.00 per 1000 for sale in person in north-east central Indiana. We currently have to sell STS primers for 140.00 plus tax just to cover our cost and freight.

17. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

Shotgun5:
    Remington doesn't have someone else make their primers. They make make them at their factory.

18. frank t

frank t TS Member

nyttro

I believe it is recobstargetshop.com

19. frank t

frank t TS Member

nyttro

I believe it is recobstargetshop.com

20. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

You are right Claysmasher. It was Cerberus Capital Management from Ney York City Group that purchased Remington.If you do your homework you will see That they just got John Snow/Former Sec of Treas as there new chairman to run the new Remington Arms Company.Now,Stephen A.Feinberg runs Cerberus Capital.Now with remington Arms losing market share for a couple of years now the new management will try and get them on a good profitable track, but if they don't than it will go the same route as U.S.Repeating Arms did. And that is to the dumper!!Cerberus dosen't seem to like an outfit that throws money away.And it dosen"t matter to them how old that company is.If you don't remember it was Cerberus that purchased U.S.Repeating Arms!!!! And with remington importing all these cheap made shotguns it willn't be long before they go to the dumper!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.