1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Remington STS o/u Trap Gun??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buster 25, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

My Grandson, ask's how the Remington STS o/u Trap gun stacks up aginst other Trap grade o/u Gun?
    Santa may just spring for same come Christmas morning all things being correct.

Thanks for your input

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I didn't know there was such a gun?

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Is this the gun in question? (See URL address above) Ed

4. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

From the conformation of the stock I would think it would be for international of skeet shoot, or perhaps sporting clays. Definitely not a trap stock. BRGII

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree with BRGII it isnt a trap stock.

6. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thats a pretty nice shotgun even if it does not have trap dimensions on the stock.

Rick

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I think that's the one being built for Remington by Rizzini, or somebody Italian....

8. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Yes ESOXHUNTER that's the Gun.
    If you look close at Remington's web site they have a Trap model w/adjustable comb from the factory.
    My question is, Is this Gun worth fooling with?
    This will be a one time deal for this young man, Grand-Dad may spring for a reasonable gun one time.
    His Mom & Dad can't afford to support his trap shooting habit's, But I am willing to work with the Kid as long as he conducts himself in a creditable manor....I'm Old School.

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Buster25: First off I would like to commend you for trying to help your grandson out. We need young people involved in our shooting sports. My opinion, (and that's all it is), would be to consider "swaying" his choice to a more popular make of over/under. In this price range it would be a Beretta or Browning. There is certainly nothing wrong with the purchase of a new gun; but guns depreciate just like cars. You probably could get him a used "higher end" gun for about the same price as a "lower end" new gun. It sure would be great if he could shoot several different guns to see what he feels comfortable with. Buying him a trap gun is not the same as for instance, buying him a hunting rifle. The target gun needs to fit him. That being said I would concentrate on a Beretta 682 or a Browning XT. Both can be had in this price range. The gun should have choke tubes, (to allow him to shoot all the clay target disciplines), and an adjustable comb. However an adjustable comb or even the choke tubes can always be installed later; but of course it would be more economical to buy the gun with them already there. Good Luck in your search. The boy has a good Grand-Dad!! Ed

10. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

Buster, that Remington STS looks like a nice gun, but for that kind of money I agree with Ed, Browning or Beretta. I shoot a Browning XT Unsingle (2 barrel set, a single and O/U). I've shot the Browning for 3 years now and it's never had a problem, I just keep it clean and oiled and it just keeps breaking targets.

11. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Unfortunately, Remington gave up on a good inexpensive gun, the 3200. We used to call it an unfinished Kreighoff. The 90T sgl. was never well liked and it was discontinued. Most of the O/U's since have been less than great. Gold triggers and roll engraving look good but a Trap Gun do not make.

12. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Gent:
    I am incline to agree with all comments given here.
    The Remington STS is HIS choice, Not mine...I shoot a LJUTIC have for years.
    Think we'll take a look around for a nice Browning Citori O/U.
    Thanks for the input.

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It aint a trap gun ... it is an all around sporting gun ... remember that and you will determine that for the money there are far better and cheaper "TRAP" guns out there to be purchased ... and leave you with money left over to buy a clinic or two and some shells.

14. magic

magic Member

They are made by Sabatti in Italy for Remington....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington sts trap gun