1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington STS & 1 1/8oz Wad ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1100 REMINGTON MAN, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

Looking at Downrange Wads for Remington STS hull 1 1/8 oz load with Clays powder Win 209 primer. What would be the best Wad for trap DRA12. DRXL 1 1/8 Blue. PC12Red.? For Trap & Skeet in the past I have used Lage Uniwad or WAA12. Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Either DownRange DRRF8(4 petal) or DRHF8(8 petal) are my favorites in a STS/Nitro hull.

grntitan_2009_2503462.jpg

3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I use the orange DR econo fig 8 works the same just less expensive.Jerry

4. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Second vote for the 4 petal figure 8, have not tried the 8 petal version. Good wads.

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Have used and still using both, excellent wads.

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Anyone using the Versalite or DRXL-1-1/8 (blue) ? Been thinking of trying some of these over the F8 style.

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

In the photo, pick the yellow one on top, I sure like it. Scott

8. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

I would like to know more about DRXL 11/8 Blue wad. I tried Remington's Fig-8 wad did not like how it cycled through Reloader MEC 650. & liked Lage Uniwad very smooth in Reloader. Or is a WAA12. wad the standard & does the wad make much difference in performance?

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I think this wad is one of the best. Some dealers may still have some stock that are clear plastic color, newer are orange.

oldremfan_2009_040976.jpg

10. kkeiser

kkeiser TS Member

Bluskyshooter...I use the Versalite wads in my handicap loads and love them. I'm loading the exact recipe from the Alliant Loading Guide for Greendot at 1250 feet per second and get great patterns through my Blaser. I've use many different wads through the years (44 years reloading) and in my opinion, the Versalite is among the best for handicap and games.

Keith

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Why are you switching from the Win. AA wad. Its the most copied wad in the world, so that tells me something. I use them in both the Rem.'s and the Win. hulls. Downrange makes one, and so does Claybuster. Break em all. Jeff

12. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

Why not a WAA12 I just thought there might be something better. I buy in bulk & was also if I should use a different powder than Clays. I shoot Remington Autos always looking for something cleaner.

13. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

In my STS hulls I use Blue Duster wads and ClayDot powder.

14. hot springs

hot springs TS Member

I just started using the DRRF(8) in my PW900. They are giving me a fit! I've had to make numerous adjustments to my wad seating depth and crimp start and finish stations. The last wads I used were Remington Fig 8's with no problems.I'm not sure what the difference is but there is something going on. The shot was too high in the hull to crimp properly. I lowered the wad searting ram a little and took care of that problem. Now I'm getting the crimps straightened out. I'm only using gold Nitos. Any body else having any issues?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington sts wad