1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Step Rib Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hoosier Daddy, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have been searching websites and other places for Remington 1100 step rib barrels. I have found several but am intrigued by two in particular. On two different websites it advertises 1100 step rib barrels for a certain price and then also offers Remington 1100 "high" step rib barrels on the same site. I didn't know there was more than one type of Remington 1100 step rib barrel. Please comment or enlighten me if possible.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hastings makes one. It looks the same, but is higher by (I am guessing here) 1/2". But th elook is good. Remington only made 2 rib styles. Teh step rib you seek and a field style rib.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Well MIA, that was what I thought but the price difference made me wonder and they were not asking enough for it to be a Hastings? Oh well, I ordered it. I guess I will see what I have when it comes to the door.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

HD. I'll get you an actual measure of mine. Step ribs giv eyou less out-of-fucus on the gun at the bottome of your eye. Some guns are worse than others.

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

OK. I have had step ribs in the past, both with tubes and without tubes and I have had the Hastings 1100 barrel but I have never seen a distinction made between the regular step rib and thier so called "high step rib". I was just wondering if there was a variation that I wasn't aware of?

6. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Hoosier Daddy, please give the addresses of the websites you are referring to. I am looking of something for an 1100. I would really rather have an adjustable but have not found one like i want. Money Maker makes a good one but i have seen ones made like the Keen that is not glued to the original rib. Anyway, i would like to see what you are referring to.

7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Just google shotgun barrels for sale and Corsons Barrels and several others will come up.

8. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I did that but did not want to wade through all of the items found.

9. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The mystery of my Remington 1100 barrel has been solved. It is a common, or not so common, step rib trap barrel. I see the price on the 98% to 99% step ribs on Corson's and Barrel Exchange is up to $325. Wow, when they become available you can buy a Hastings trap barrel for twenty dollars more. Oh well. I bought a step rib for less money and I am happy with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

did only remington trap barrels have a stepped up rib

remington step rib barrel

shotgun barrel step rib picture

shotgun stepribs

step ribs on 1100 rem

what is a stepped rib barrel