1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington step rib barrel question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shrek, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Active Member

I have a remington 870 step rib barrel made for choke tubes. I got it used a while ago, and sort of forgot about it being in the closet, then I found it the other day while scrounging through there.

I need to get the magazine ring trued up on it so it will be put in and out of a receiver without the use of a maul hammer, (it came that way) which is why it was relegated to the closet.

A question I have is... Are all of these barrels the made with the overbored section that tapers down in the barrel right before the choke tube area, or are some of them standard bore dimension all the way?

This one does not seem to have the taper in it, at least that I can tell by feeling a change of resistance of a snug patch wrapped around a brush passing through, or of a wad pushed through the bore.

I will probably take it to a shop with a bore measuring dial tool too next time I go that way.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.