1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington SPR100 Youth 20 ga.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Deanoo, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanoo

Deanoo TS Member

would the Remington SPR100 youth 20ga. be a good starter gun for a youth , anyone own this gun and have any info ..? has a 24" barrel --total length 39" and 6 1/4# with mod. choke ... any experience with this gun,, ive read reviews but i havent seen anything as far as a starter trap gun for a boy??? , there is a sport model but its in 12ga. and not in youth size...

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

What other single shot are you going to get for just a couple hundred $'s? Maybe a NEF or something else that ... well ... if your asking then ask yourself what else can you get for just a couple hundred if that is all your willing to spend?

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Deanoo,

This is not a gun I would recommend for a new shooter. Because they are so lightweight, even light 20 gauge shells will cause heavy recoil.

Also, these guns are not blessed with good triggers (very heavy) and this makes things even worse.

I would opt for a more expensive, but much better gun like a youth Remington 1100 or 1187.

In the long run, you, and he, will be better off.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

My 14 year old shoots the trap model 12 gage and likes it allot. He shoots very well with it also. I paid $250.00 for it with a life time free replacement warranty. For a young shooter, how do you go wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington model spr100 20 gauge for sale
remington spr 100 20 gauge for sale
remington spr 100 youth
remington spr100 youth
remington srp100 youth

spr100 20 gauge