1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington spr 100 good for youth shooter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HDR, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDR

HDR TS Member

I am looking at a 12guage remington spr 100 for my 12yr old daughter it looks like a nice gun. But, can anyone tell me how good they are for a beginner? Recoil things like that..

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Remington 1100s in my humble opinion, are one of the best guns to start with. They are soft shooting guns, very versatile and, with an older 1100, give you the best value for the money. Please feel free to PM me if I can be of help. JM

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have sold several. A little on the light side. With some weight in the stock and a good recoil pad they are better in the recoil department. No one has had any issus with them .

4. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

I bought one for my son who is big for his age and it was the worst thing I could have possibly done. The recoil is way too much for any child and it took a long time to cure his bad habits he started because of the kick.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They are very similar to the H&R Topper Trap only without the exposed hammer. The gun is too light and will beat your daughter's shoulder to death. Most of the girls on our High School trap team shoot automatics. The Browning BT 99's are also a good choice. I know the automatics and the Browning BT 99's cost more but you will always be able to get your money back out of them.

The SPR100 is what this girl on our HS trap team is using. She was 14 at the time and used it a very short time and almost quit because of how bad it was beating her up. She was even using 1oz low velocity handloads. She switched to a Browning BT99 and is now one of our best shooters and using full 1 1/8oz loads.
    grntitan_2009_2503177.jpg

6. HDR

HDR TS Member

Thanks for all your input folks you have helped me out tremendously....

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Get her a good, used Rem 1100 LT-20 20ga, and shorten the buttstock as appropriate. You can even fit it with a cheaper monte carlo 12ga slug gun stock if you reduce the size of the tenon that fits in the back of the receiver. The LT-20 will cycle very light cheap Mao Mart ammo, 2.5 dram 7/8 oz. The recoil is very, very light. Her shoulder will appreciate it. Money well spent and when she gets big enough, put a full length stock on it. She'll be able to use that gun as an adult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington spr 100 recoil