1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington SP-10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

A guy at the trap range last night brought one of these with him and I shot it at a straight away target that I let get way out and even though it was a federal clay target it broke hard. I want one of those guns for the upcoming goose season, This guy is on the fence as to weather he will sell his. Just saying I like the semi-auto 10 guage

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The SP-10 makes the 10ga much more comfortable to shoot. If it ain't an SP-10 (or the original old Ithaca) for 10ga, I'm not interested. I've been looking for the 23" camo turkey model with rifle sights, but have not found one yet at the same time my wallet has green in it. With large shot it makes an excellent coyote buster, though it's much heavier than my 1187 coyote gun.

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I own several...Including a 23 inch turkey barrel with iron sites. You can't do any better. Jeff

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I also have a SP-10 and its a great gun. If you get one get the SP 10 because parts are still on the market and the Ithaca parts are hard to find.

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Jeff, Since I don't own a 10ga and they are kinda high in price is it worth spending the money on one to goose hunt or just use the premium 12 ga shells?

6. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Here is a few of mine....
    duckcentral_2009_30011.jpg

7. vhntr1

vhntr1 Member

Use to hunt gesse with one and loved it ,went to a 31/2 12 ga I prefer to 10 gauge .

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

NOTHING WILL PATTERN NON TOXICS LIKE THE BIG TEN. The 3 1/2" 12 can't compare, and kicks more in a lighter gun.

Shells are the cheapest part of the hunt.

Remmie's Big Ten is about the softest shooting Goose Cannon on the market. A lot more gun than the trouble prone Ithaca, and parts are to be had.

The SP-10 is based on Ithaca's design, but the bugs have been taken out.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You can buy premium 10ga shells for 25 dollars a box delivered to your door. You can reload premium steel 10ga shells for 11.00 a box.

The gun can be had for 650 if you shop. I still can't outshoot my 10ga with T;s with a 12ga and hevi-shot 2's.

What you use is a function of range. When the birds are CLOSE I use a 28ga with bismuth 5's. Other then that I use a 10ga with T's.

The arguments for using a 12ga are only put forth by those who have never shot a 10ga with big steel.

You will have a 55 yard dead goose/duck whacker with a 10ga magnum and steel T's. I like the Winchester factory load he best and the red cases are the easiest to find.

I use it for all duck shooting as well.

10. rbk18

rbk18 Member

While hunting this past fall, I pulled out my sp-10. The guy I was hunting with that day asked why I shoot a 10ga? After that mornings hunt he understood. I have owned 3 of them with 3 different barrel lengths. I prefer the 26" barrel myself. If you look they can be bought in the $500 to $600 range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington sp 10 parts

remington sp 10 slug barrel

remington sp-10

remington sp10 cant get parts

remington sp10 for sale

remington sp10 parts
sp 10 slug barrel for sale

sp-10 shooters