1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Shotgun Scope Sidemounts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does or did anyone make a sidemount for the 1100 or 870 for deer hunting?

2. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

I do not think I have ever seen a side mount, but I use a saddle mount on my 870 turkey gun and it works great with a halo sight.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

yep b square does

I think they are about worthless as far as accurracy though - why not just get a scope to mount on the rib- cantilver type and use a rifled choke tube or get a fully rifled barrel

but for turkey gun - good enough

Gene

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I had one and they ARE worthless as far as accuracy, go with the cantilivered style

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I had one and they ARE worthless as far as accuracy, go with the cantilivered style

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene is right. If you want a good scope mount for a 870 or 1100, buy a barrel such as a Hastings with the Cantilever mount. That puts the scope where it should be instead of hanging on the receiver pins. Just my opinion anyway and yes i have used the saddle type. The saddle mount i had on an 870 Wingmaster never seemed tight.

My honest suggestion would be to go by you an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter in either 12ga or 20ga. I have the 12ga and its basically a 10ga barrel blank drilled for 12ga which makes it sort of a Bull Barrel slug gun. About the most accurate slug gun with Sabot slugs money can buy. I paid around $285 5 or 6 years ago. For the price it can't be beat. I use the 300gr Hornady SST slugs.--Matt

Here's mine.....

grntitan_2009_2503154.jpg

7. james25889

james25889 Member

I have one Weaver made that was held on with screws through the trigger assmbly let me know if your interested. James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.