1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Shell rebate UPC code

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by VNVET, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VNVET

VNVET Member

It seems like last year when the big three had their shell rebate they allowed the UPC code from the flat box to be used instead of cutting the label from each shell box. Remington's rebate form says No codes from flat box will be accepted. I hate to cut up the flap on the shell box to remove the code because I would like to keep the box for my reloads. If thats all they will accept, then that's what I'll do, but I remember seeing at the Grand last year, Winchester flat boxes stuffed in the trash with the UPC code cut from the box and I assumed the rebate was the reason.

I guess this is a change from last year probably due to issues found during the course of the rebate.

Jim

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The policy regarding UPC code stockers is the same as last year. Open the bottom of the flat and score around each box's sticker with an Exact-O knife. The sticker alone will come off, leaving the box flap intact with just a layer the size of the sticker missing.

Ed

3. VNVET

VNVET Member

Ed,
    Do you know for shure this applies to Remington?

Jim

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Orginal UPC label(s)from each box purchased.

No case UPC accepted...

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My son and I bought 10 flats last fall and got checks for $100 each from Remington - we must have done something right!

We just taped the flats back closed again with clear packing tape until we need those shells. We need more new shells right now like I need another hole in my head but we'll probably buy 10 more flats under this year's rebate. A $52 net price on STS and Nitro 27 shells is hard to pass up, no matter how many you already have.

Ed

[​IMG]

6. VNVET

VNVET Member

After posting this question, I sent an email to Remington asking if the UPC label from the flat box would be acceptable for the rebate. I received their reply this morning and the answer is NO. Only UPC labels from each shell box will be accepted. So there you have it.

Jim

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I cut the code from each box. If I need other boxes for my reloads they are easy to find in the trash cans on the line. Some may not want to be seen picking boxes from a trash can but I have no hesitation recycling trash.

Pat Ireland

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how many of those boxes in the trash cans still have the UPC # still on them.

How many of the extreme number of cheaters will cut them of and turn them in for rebates they on money they haven't spent?????

Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it???????

Bob Lawless

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Bob,

They will need a receipt for the sale.

Don Verna

10. ivanhoe

Don can anyone post a picture of the UPC # as most shells have more than one UPC on them. The flat cases may have several.

BTW Don what is the receipt required for?????

Bob Lawless

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"BTW Don what is the receipt required for?????"</blockquote>

You're kidding, right?

Think about it... I have several hundred new, empty STS and 27 boxes for reloads, all with UPCs. If I didn't have to prove a current purchase by a receipt, I could print out rebate forms and send in UPCs full time and steal a wad from Remington. They know this so they ask for proof that you actually bought some shells recently.

Clear?

MK

12. JJM

JJM Member

On Remingtons try this.
    Turn the case up side down and open, then with a hair dryer you can heat the glue holding the UPC label on each box and remove it. Saves the box. Retape the case for storage.

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

As Ed stated, use an exacto blade and score around the UPC on the shell box. They lift right off maintaining the integrity of the box for reuse.

Don't cut all the way through, just enough to cut the label.

Guy B.

14. ivanhoe

Unknown1 before you get you panties in a wad. Just what do you know about UPC#?

When you purchase shells at say Dick's or just for entertainment purposes Walmart is the register tape you receive your receipt?

Or do you know if you do know who's UPC# is on that register tape????

Before you get all bent out of shape at the question maybe you should find out why it was asked.

Bob Lawless

15. pdq

pdq Member

With the Remington Rebate that was at Dick's last month in DE, the instruction didn't ask for any UPC codes from the boxes.

All you had to do was fill out the small rebate form, and supply an original copy of the sales receipt showing the product code and price paid. Simple.

Pete

16. VNVET

VNVET Member

averagED,

Thanks,

Quote:
    "The policy regarding UPC code stockers is the same as last year. Open the bottom of the flat and score around each box's sticker with an Exact-O knife. The sticker alone will come off, leaving the box flap intact with just a layer the size of the sticker missing."

Once I got the hang of it, your suggestion worked very well. The key is not to cut too deep and just peel the top layer leaving the label intact, and the box is still usable for reloads.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington shell rebate form

remington shell rebates

remington upc
remington upc code sticker
remington upc code vs store upc
remington upc codes
remington upc label
v3 remington upc