1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Service

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by REDD04, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

May 4, 2007
    Bought my youngest daughter a new 20 Ga. 870 Express this spring for turkey hunting. This was her first shotgun and a birthday present from her dad (Me). We patterned it with the turkey choke and loads and noticed that the forearm was rubbing on the receiver and had removed the bluing. I called Remington the following day and explained the situation to the customer service rep. He said "No problem. Send it in and we will refinish it under warranty." I told him that turkey season was about to start and asked if it would be OK for my daughter to hunt with it until the season was over and then send it in for refinishing. Again "No problem." After turkey season, I filled out the repair form and boxed everything up and MAILED it from my LOCAL POST OFFICE (also NO Problem). I called Remington and got a repair # so that I would be able to check on the repair status online. At this time, I was told to expect the repair to take 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks, the repair was complete and the gun was returned to me with a new forearm, a new choke tube (I removed tube so that it would not get misplaced during the bluing) and a refinish. EXACTALLY AS PROMISED...NO CONFUSION...NO DELAYS...NO SURPRISES!!!!!!!

Great service. YMMV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.