1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REMINGTON RXP12 wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kaycee, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaycee

kaycee TS Member

I have rxp12 1 1/8 wads and want to know if tere is a replacement wad or are they interchangeable with other wads. Thanks Kevin

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Very interchangeable with FIG-8 and an excellent wad!!

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There is a load of data out there for the RXP wad. No need to use guesswork about substitutions of other data. They work well and I have used them for quite a long time. I still have some that are probably about 35 years old. I bought them back when RXP shells were the "New" thing. They worked well in the Winchester AA compression hulls as well as the Remington one piece hulls like the RXP and newer STS.

4. JRW

JRW Member

Quackshot; What color are your old ones? Jerry

5. kaycee

kaycee TS Member

The RXP 12 hulls are clear/white.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

win1911sl: The older RXP wads that I have are Green. They were purchased sometime around the early or mid seventies, which would put them at over 30 years old. I have some newer ones that are white, and they are less than a couple of years old. There appears to be no difference in performance. My favorite load was using 700-X powder.

kaycee: The RXP Hulls are either Green or Blue, depending on whether they are Remington or Peters.

7. JRW

JRW Member

Quack Shot; I used the RXP green and just loved them with Green Dot. I feel they were better than the white ones now in production. Jerry

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

win1911sl

Jerry, it seems like the plastic is different. I still have a couple of thousand of the green wads here. I even still have a few thousand RXP once fired hulls and quite a few NEW RXP shells, plus some brand new empty primed RXP hulls. 700-X, Red Dot, and Green Dot were the powders of choice. I have used the newer "white" RXP wads, but I'd rather use the Fig 8. They pattern as well as the older RXP, if not a bit better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
do they make a replacement for rxp12 wads
reloading data using rxp12 wads
remington older green wads
remington rxp12

remington rxp12 replacement

remington rxp12 wad replacement
rxp 12 wad
rxp12 wad