1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington RXP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by d endicott, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d endicott

d endicott Member

Does anyone even use these RXP hulls
    [​IMG]

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Loaded thousands for my Dad on a single stage Texan , Good ole days. Jeff

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Sure did, lots of them, good hulls. Ross Puls

4. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Going back in time ...MX8Dave

5. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

I don't know how they load but, I have 2 full boxes brand new never fired. Yellow & they say Remington Power Piston, price tag on them says $ 2.88 a box. I have no idea how old they are? I do wounder with inflation does that make shell today cheep since you can get STS Remington for under $ 8 dollars ?

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Man those bring back memories, used to spend every Saturday night in the basement reloading them for my Sunday religion

Wore out one Mec 600 Jr and was on the way wearing the other one out when I went in the Air Force

7. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

You mean like these? I shot them when I started out in the mid-70's and they came in Green & Blue. I used the green hulls for reloading for singles and blue for handicap so I never mixed up my loads. RXP wads are still sold today for those that are old school and were taught how to make the numeral 8, that seems backwards to the kids today. They were the best hull of their day in my opinion. I only wish they would have remained translucent after firing. These are green but the camera color is off in the photo and nearly look blue.

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

When these first came out they had a promotion going that when you bought a case (500 rds) back then, you could cut off the box tops and send them to Remington and they would send you back 500 of the green RXP wads, and new boxes to replace the ones you cut up for the tops to send in. This is a picture of the box they sent
    back.

[​IMG]

9. lostandout

lostandout Member

load them the same as an sts and they will shoot just fine

brian

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Had some, both RXP greens and Peters blue back about 10 years ago. This was an excellent case to reload; so good Remington had to discontinue production. The next hull was almost as good and remained so until Remington decided to thin the case which resulted in burnoffs which destroyed their reputation for this case; then, the Premier case was born. Now that brings me up to date as I'm started reloading these cases. I have no STS cases so I'll talk to you in 20 years when I'm finished with the Premiers. BT100dc

11. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I just found a box I had put away out in a shed. I had reloaded them, and had so many new green Premier hulls, I decided to use them, rather than a slightly used RXP, because as we all know - a pretty reloaded hull breaks more birds. When I finish loading my Premiers and Gun Clubs, and Nitros, I will probably start on these old ugly RXPs.

12. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

At one time they were the best target shells you could buy.

13. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

I still use RXP wads and have some once fired hulls (green).I am currently still reloading Federal Champ-2s and have several hundred once-fired. They will probably last me the rest of my life. The RXP and Champ-2 probably the best hulls ever made, no wonder they don't make them any more.

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I shot a 99 at the Grand (Vandalia Handicap) with them, 3 dram 8½'s.

Great shell and even hve some left of from 1974. My most favorite aside from Federal papers, however, was the WInchester Super Target paper for handicap.

The year following the 74 Grand, Remington used to ship to a local gun shop for me about a case a month (500 sehlls them) for me to shoot in competiton events. Some of these actually came in as experimental shells, as some had fiber wads, but all were RXP. I think they were trying to develop a singles load. I never complained as they were always free for a couple of years.

Whiz

15. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Whiz, I too loved the Federal Papers as they smelled great after firing. The Winchester Super Target Papers use to smell horrible but shot great. I sure miss the black soot balls they would make out of the old all black, pitch targets, against a blue sky. Remington has always made their hulls with reloading as a priority. They have had some real winners over the years and the current STS/NITRO hulls are on top right now. If money was no object, I would give up reloading and shoot nothing but Federal Papers again.

16. creek

creek Member

I was lucky enough to aquire 2,000+ once fired RXP's, mostly green ones, some blue.
    The person I got them from said he saved them over 30 years ago. He even saved 100+ folded down boxes, which I also have now.

Question: can you load them using the same recipe as Gun Club, STS, Nitros?

John

17. extrapper84

extrapper84 Member

I had 1000 once fired, now have 1000 twice fired.

Loaded with 16.5g E3, CB lighting wad. 1oz. #7.5 shot.

Lowest score from 16's was 23, lots of 24's some 25's.

Broke 963 out of 1000.

Good old shell.

Hal

18. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

Nearly thirty years ago I was on a squad with the chairman of the board of Federal Cartridge Corp.and he needed a extra shell and I gave him one and he proceded to sootball a target it was proably the one and only green shell he ever shot.

Fifteen two and a pair is four.

Bill

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

RXP's were the best hull I ever reloaded. I couldn't wear them out. Eventually, the mouth of the shell would burn away to the point I would have to trash them. I don't think i ever saw any splits or pin holes in one.

20. MR870

MR870 Member

I just gave away a thousand of these hulls in green and blue.Almost all of them had been reloaded 3 or 4 times.A friend of my wife does arts and crafts wanted some hulls for Xmas lighted wreaths.I wasn't going to give up my good sts greenies for that.So I cleaned out my shop of these.I even gave all my WAA HS red hulls to her as well,but I couldn't part with my all my OLD AA HULLS.You never know when you might need 10k old red one piece AA hulls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington rxp one time fired

texangoodoleboyphoto