1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington RP 12 wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I have a bunch of the RP 12 wads by Remington,and on the bag it states there for 3.25 drams,1.25 oz shot. I cant find many recipies for that load and the few I did left me with sunken crimps. Does anyone have any good loads for them? And how to load? Thanks for any info...Ray

2. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

adjust your crimper out a tad so they dont sink or cut up target paper into strips then squares small enough to drop in on top of shot

European Air pistol target are fragile and disintegrate in firing w/o disturbing the pattern like cardboard does

If you like "snowflakes" use tissue

regards

3. Nicholas

Nicholas TS Member

I tried loading RP12's w/1 1/8 oz a number of years ago. About the only way I could get it to work was using a Winchester AA HS Hull(less internal capacity), Win 209 or Rem 209P primer, a bulky powder like IMR PB, crank the pre-crimp down to where the top of the folds form a point. Then final crimp like normal.

Nick.

4. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

I had the same issue with the RP-12 wads with some 12 gauge cases. I placed a 20 gauge felt wad in the bottom of the shot cup when loading 1 1/4 oz loads and the crimps were beautiful.

I do prefer the RP-12 wad for 1 3/8 oz loads.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

RP-12's are great for hunting loads. I used to load up the old Peter's Blue Magic's with Dupont 4756 powder, 1-3/8 oz of copper # 4 using a RP-12 wad. These were loaded on a old Mec jr. and after a minor tweaking, the crimp was just fine.

Curt

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Foam trays from the meat department and a gasket punch will make all the spacers you want.

I have a coffee can full that I use from time to time if needed.

But you could also try 32 grains of 7625 in a Top gun hull, 1 1/4 oz for a wicked porch load.

A half cup of Longshot might work too but it came out after I quit that kind of stuff.

HM

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

I just drop a couple grains of popcorn in the wad before dumping the shot........NO!!!!! it doesnt pop when you shoot !

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You need a bulky powder. I use them with 4756 in AA and STS cases at the 1275fps level.

At the 1220 fps loading, try unique.

9. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The RP 12s work best in 1-1/2 oz loads. The SP are what you want for 1-1/4 loads.
    I load them every week for the games.
    Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1-14 oz with rp12 wad load data

r p wads

rem 12 ga rp wads
remington rp wad

remington sp 12 wads

rp 12 wad

rp 12 wads