1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REMINGTON RIFLED DEER BARREL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nsrailroad, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

WHAT CHOKE IS THE REM RIFDEER BARREL?? I HAERD NOT GOOD FOR BUCK SHOT. I MIGHT TAKE IT TO THE TRAP RANGE TOMMORROW TO SHOT IT WITH THAT BARREL FOR THE FUN OF IT.
    TNX
    RAILROAD

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If it is RIFLED, then you're wasting your time shooting buckshot in it.<br>
    <br>
    It's not dangerous, but the twist will spin the wad/shot, and it will scatter badly. Given how few pellets are in buckshot, it makes a totally useless pattern. If there is no wad cup, it's a pain in the ass to clean the lead out of the grooves. And it can lead very badly with shot.<br>
    <br>
    You'd be better off getting a smoothbore barrel for it, preferably one with choke tubes. These can be had with rifle sights, or with a rib, or ribless, in various lengths. The rifle sight models are usually 21" to 23", and there are short ribbed barrels available too. If you're looking for a specific barrel, let me know and I'll check for a part number.

3. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

TNX
    NEAL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.