1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Rider Single Barrel .28 ga. Info Request

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by , Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B²

I was recently offered a Remington Rider single barrel in a .28 ga. I don't know much about these guns, othere than they have a cocking lever on the side of the receiver. I thought since this was a .28 it might be worth something. Anyone have any information they would like to share? Thanks. Blair

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Blair, if I recall, the number 3 sidehammer was the first made, number 9 was next with a few minor changes and looked better overall. I've never seen a .28 ga. though.

Hap

Many of these old guns were shot with black powder shotshells, watch out for mild to severe bore pitting.

3. B²

Thanks for your input.

Blair

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Blair-

In my 30th edition blue book it lists the Model no 3 and Model no 9 single barrel.

No.3- 12 ga., single barrel, 30 or 32 in. barrels, top lever break open, button release forend, plain pistol grip stock. Aprox. 87,850 mfg. 1893-1903.

No.9- similar to No. 3, screw release forend, auto ejector. 65,698 mfg. 1902-10.

The book lists 11 values but no percentages. $450 - $65 for both.

The text is verbatim, no mention of .28 ga.

Nick

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Go on the RSA (Remington Society of America) website, register on the forum. Go to the shotgun forum, either pre or post 1900) to ask your questions. Experienced RSA researchers read the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.