1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Refund Problems??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joannl030, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joannl030

joannl030 Member

I sent in my STS box portions with the bar code with the ONLY receipt I was given at the New York State Shoot. It is not a cash register receipt. It is a hand written receipt indicating what I bought, how much is was and where I bought it with a signature and date.

I received a postcard from Remington today stating they are unable to fill my refund request as they are stating my receipt is invalid.

Has anyone else had the same problem and if so, were you able to get the issue solved and how?

Thanks,
    Jo Ann

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

The outfit in AK I bought these from only gave me a ahnd written recpt

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Anyone getting Winchester's rebate?

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got 100.oo rebate with a hand written reciept, no problem.

Ed Yanchok

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Get a receipt on their letterhead and do over. They probably don't have any printed receipts.

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

years ago i purchased a new remington shotgun. one of the reasons i purchased it was they were offering a case of shotgun shells as incentive to purchase the gun. i submited everything they requested. weeks went buy and i had no response. i called and called, finally i spoke to someone, i resent everything again and once again they had said we never received it. i had the post office do a trace and they gave me the dates that they received both items. after calling them numerous times and telling them what the postal service said, they said they could not process it.
    steve balikstreri

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Got mine through my club, receipt was to the club and a note written on it by the club pres. His saying they were purchased for me. About 5 weeks later a check for $100.00 (corrected figure) arrived. No problems. J.W.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My son and I are waiting for two Remington checks for $100 each. We submitted handwritten bills of sale from our local gun shop, 20 UPC labels and the completed rebate forms in two envelopes that were then put in one priority mail envelope by the USPS so it could be tracked. I hope that worked!

Ed

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I received my check in 6 weeks; although it was a regular receipt. However, I sent Dick"s Sporting Goods a rebate request 10 weeks ago and have yet to receive anything. (They had a rebate promotion of $1 a box on Remington Gun Clubs).

10. Donm

Donm Active Member

JWoolsey. How did you manage to get $200? It says no more than $100 to any one household.

11. remtrap

remtrap Member

Received my rebate yesterday 9/14/09 $100.00 took about 8 weeks and had Dicks and a Richland Shooters receipt.
    Sparta had the best deal though, 5 flats at the shell house, walk to the Remington bldg, and handed you cash money.

Shoot Well; Tom Furst

12. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

From AverageEd...

<blockquote>"My son and I are waiting for two Remington checks for $100 each. We submitted handwritten bills of sale from our local gun shop, 20 UPC labels and the completed rebate forms in two envelopes..."</blockquote>

The rebate was for $2 per box, $20 per flat. With 1 UPC from each of the 10 boxes in a flat, 20 UPCs will be worth $40, not $100.

Carol Lister

13. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Well, I have had some success (though I do have to wait the standard 6-8 wks for my check).

I called the 800 number listed on my denial notice and spoke to a really nice person who said that the receipt was not valid. I explained to her that I sent in the only receipt I was given. She indicated that she would have to investigate it.

I then called the NYS ATA as they are holding the Northeastern Grand and spoke directly to Ed, who wrote my receipt. He took all the information and said he would call Remington.

I then called Remington back and gave them Ed's name and the NYS ATA phone number so they could call to "confirm" I didn't "make up" the receipt.

After approx. 30 minutes the Remington Rep called me back to indicate all was good and I should expect my refund in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

I hope most of you do not have this hassle. I was just fortunate enough to be able to get all the phone numbers and names of the people I dealt with in order to share it for verification.

Thanks Ed at NYS ATA for being willing to give me a hand and thanks to Diana at Remington for personally calling me to let me know all was fine.

Jo Ann

14. Don S

Don S Member

I got a $100 fuel card as a rebate from Winchester about a week ago. Not quite what I was expecting according to the info on their rebate form. However, I used it successfully at Citgo today.

15. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I didn't Don, I hit the wrong key, I got $100.00 back. Sorry about that. J.W.

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Carol, thanks for pointing out my error. We sent in the 100 labels from 10 flats of shells. I don't know how I got 20 out of that!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
problems getting remington rebate
remington refund

remington refunds