1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Rebate Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by topgun, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topgun

topgun TS Member

I was just reading the Around the ATA letters from the delegates in the October T&F. In the Ontario letter delegate Paul Shaw made, under the circumstances, an amazingly even-handed assessment of Remington's shoddy treatment of Canadian shooters re their non-elegibility for rebates (unlike Winchester and Federal)on the purchase of STS & Nitro 27 ammunition. For example Canadians bought shells in the US, shot them at US clubs and then sent in their receipts and UPC labels in good faith for the promised rebate only to be told by Remington that the offer is only good in the USA (the rebate coupon said in small print "offer good in the USA". I am incensed at this cavilier buracratic arrogance by this company (ammuntion/Loanoke) and their apparent inability to correct an obvious error in customer relations and do "the right thing" What possible reason would they have to alienate a large group of customers and drive them into purchasing ammunition from competitors. In disclosure I had an incident several years ago in the GAH when three shells failed to fire on one field costing me a bird. Using the same attitude they insisted my O/U, a Remington 3200, was at fault even after the Remington gunsmith on the grounds tested the gun (firing pin) and found it in spec. After awhile you get tired of dealing with bean counters. Anyway what do you guys think? Can the ATA, a US/Candian organiztion, voice its concern to Remington?

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

If they did not specify an exclusion regarding out of USA , I agree this stinks.

Charlie

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like the company but I don't understand their reasoning. Reverse marketing.

I agree with Paul Shaw's opinion. Unfortunately, Remington covered themselves with a disclaimer. Remington has shown their collective arses but covered them as well.

In effect Remington rejects Canadians as customers. Screw 'em.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Isn't Remington Canadian owned these days?

ss

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I would have used family or friends address in the states. We had problems with Remington as well, our reciept was hand written from the shell house at NYS shoot. Reminton at first refused us but later we called and got it straightend out. I refused to buy any Rem. products till it was straightend out.

Jerry

There are other brands to buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.